Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why code warrior projectsettings can't save

maxxu
Contributor IV
Spoiler

I use CodeWarrior 11.1.

I copied a project file from other computers and created a new workspace. After reconfiguration, it can be used normally. But when I close CodeWarrior and open it again, all the project settings disappear and have to be reconfigured. Why is this so? My original computer is normal

0 Kudos
5 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please provide the steps to replicate this phenomenon on my side?

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

maxxu
Contributor IV

Hi

Here's the procedure.

1、Copy a workspace (including project files) to another computer

2、Reconfigure the project on the new computer and use it normally,

3、Turn off CodeWarrior on your new computer, and then turn CodeWarrior on again,All the settings are back to the previous computer,It seems that the settings just now can't be saved

Now I start to work every day, and I had to reconfigure it. It's very troublesome, but I don't have this problem when I use other project files (such as the project on the official website),

I suspect a configuration file is missing or cannot be saved, and I couldn't find which one was,Hope to get your help, thank you

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Please see my comments below:

1Copy a workspace (including project files) to another computer

By copying a workspace you mean copy a project into a zip file? How are you exporting it?

2Reconfigure the project on the new computer and use it normally

Could you please describe what are you reconfiguring exactly?

3Turn off CodeWarrior on your new computer, and then turn CodeWarrior on againAll the settings are back to the previous computerIt seems that the settings just now can't be saved

Could you please share what are the settings that are not being saved.

Maybe the problem here is how you are exporting or importing the project in the different PC. Are you using same Codewarrior version in both PCs? Please check the link below for information about proper way of importing and exporting project in Codewarrior IDE.

Exporting and Importing Projects in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos

maxxu
Contributor IV

Hi

1、As you said,add workspace and project into a zip,Then, copy the zip file to the new computer, unzip it, open CodeWarrior on the new computer, create a new workspace, and import the unzipped project。

2、Reconfiguration

C/C++ Builder\Settings\Tool Settings\S12Z Linker\Input  :Modify file path

C/C++ Builder\Settings\Tool Settings\\S12Z Compiler\Access Paths     :Modify file path

C/C++ Builder\\Settings\Build Arifact\   :Change the name of  . elf

C/C++ General\Paths ang Symbols\   :Modify file path

After configuration, all functions are normal, but CodeWarrior cannot be turned off

3、turn CodeWarrior on again,All the settings are back to the previous computer

For example, the path of the algorithm library on the original computer is Z:\ Freescale. Now I configure it to C:\ NXP. After reopening CodeWarrior, everything changes back to Z:\ Freescale

I think the problem is that I don't export the project file correctly, but the original computer file has been deleted. Do I have any remedy? Can I rebuild a complete peoject by using the existing file

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi maxxu,

You could try creating a blank new project for your device, then copy all necessary files and folders to your new project. This way all references will not be linked to your old project anymore.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos