Windows 7 crashes when building MQX libraries.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 crashes when building MQX libraries.

Jump to solution
VinceTF
Contributor III

Compilier:  CW Eclipse 10.2

RTOS:  MQX 3.8.1

Host OS: Windows 7 64 bit

Trying to build MQX libraries and windows crashes every time (get the blue screen, have to shut down).  Any idea what is causing this?

Also, I have noticed in task manager that the cwide process has a *32 next to it (see attachement).  I assume this means it is running in 32 bit mode.  Is this normal?

-Vince

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have seen cases where graphic card drivers can cause regular blue screens. Could you check if you have the latest and greatest graphic card drivers installed?

About 32bit: yes, that's normal. Actually a 64bit windows does not mean that everything is 64bit. Many applications run in 32bit mode. Only the device drivers have to be 64bit.

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have seen cases where graphic card drivers can cause regular blue screens. Could you check if you have the latest and greatest graphic card drivers installed?

About 32bit: yes, that's normal. Actually a 64bit windows does not mean that everything is 64bit. Many applications run in 32bit mode. Only the device drivers have to be 64bit.

Erich

0 Kudos
VinceTF
Contributor III

Erich,

Thanks for the quick response!  I updated the drivers for my monitors and so far haven't seen the issue.

0 Kudos