Which Codewarrior eclipse version supports the  USBDM debugger ?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Which Codewarrior eclipse version supports the  USBDM debugger ?

跳至解决方案
2,151 次查看
Vijaylaxmi
Contributor I

I am using Codewarrior eclipse version v10.1, in that USBDM option is missing.

Can anyone guide me which version of  Codewarrior eclipse supports the USBDM debugger.

标签 (1)
标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
1,395 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ok, so it is really about OSBDM (not USBDM).

But your screenshot let me think that you are not using the 10.0 release, but an earlier beta release?

Because in my 10.0 version OSBDM is always enabled (e.g. for S08 targets), and the SofTec target is removed as not supported any more for newer Windows versions.

I suggest that you use the latest 10.1 release from www.freescale.com/cwmcu10 as it comes with extended OSBDM support.

BK

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
10 回复数
1,394 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

did you meant OSBDM (not USBDM)?

This is supported as well in 10.1. In the wizard it is just named P&E OSBDM (or OSJTAG) as P&E package of OSBDM is provided as default. This comes with an automatic firmware upgrader built in which is able to flash the OSBDM firmware to the latest and greatest.

BK

0 项奖励
回复
1,394 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear BlackNight,

Just a clarification of your posting above - Is the OSBDM you refer to OSBDM-JM60 or does Codewarrior V10.1 now support the original OSBDM (based on JB16)?

bye

0 项奖励
回复
1,395 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

MCU10.x supports the JM60 based OSBDM.

BK

0 项奖励
回复
1,395 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Vijaylaxmi,

USBDM only supports Codewarrior Eclipse ver 10.0 which appears to have become unavailable with the release of ver 10.1.

I expect support for 10.1 to be available in about a week.  It's working but needs to be tested.

bye

0 项奖励
回复
1,394 次查看
Vijaylaxmi
Contributor I

I have Eclipse Codewarrior Version V 10.0  What option to be selected for USBDM. Here I am attaching screenshot for debugger tool selection.

0 项奖励
回复
1,396 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ok, so it is really about OSBDM (not USBDM).

But your screenshot let me think that you are not using the 10.0 release, but an earlier beta release?

Because in my 10.0 version OSBDM is always enabled (e.g. for S08 targets), and the SofTec target is removed as not supported any more for newer Windows versions.

I suggest that you use the latest 10.1 release from www.freescale.com/cwmcu10 as it comes with extended OSBDM support.

BK

0 项奖励
回复
1,395 次查看
Vijaylaxmi
Contributor I

in our company we are using BDM's which are manufactured by us....

in earlier Versio of CODE WARRIOR's we use to sellect the options as TBDML(for HCS12 controller) ..

i have attached the screan shot of that earlier version here ...................

please suggest me which option can i use insted of TDML in CW_V10.x IDE's?

in earlier post's i had posted the srean shot of the CW_V10.0 and V10.1

0 项奖励
回复
1,395 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please note that CW for MCU10.x does not (yet) support the S12 family. But as long as your OSBDM cable and firmware is compatible with the firmware/hardware as published on the OSBDM reference design, or as it is used on the Freescale TOWER boards, then you can use the P&E OSBDM connection (in 10.1) or the OSBDM connection (in 10.0).

BK

0 项奖励
回复
1,395 次查看
Vijaylaxmi
Contributor I

how about the HCS08 controllers

in case of HCS08 which option shall i use

0 项奖励
回复
1,395 次查看
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Vijaylaxmi,

After reading the above postings I'm still unclear about what BDM you are using.  This should be easy to determine since they were made in-house.

Can you post a description of the hardware you are using  - from the above posting it could be any of:

- Early JB16 based TBDML (even JB8!)  This is implied by saying that you used a TBDML interface with the earlier Codewarrior software.  It wouldn't be OSBDM-JB16 or OSBDM-JM60 since they never supported that interface AFAIK.

- OSBDM-JB16 hardware but with what firmware?

- OSBDM-JM60 as mentioned above

- USBDM in any of its flavours (JB16,JS16,JMxx)

It's a bit meaningless trying to answer your question without the above clarified.

bye

0 项奖励
回复