cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB License Dongle

Jump to solution
msulli
Contributor I
I just got a USB License dongle for CodeWarior.  But MultiLink that CodeWarrior programs HCS08 BDM also uses USB.  My laptop has one USB, and I want be able to re-program HCS08 using CodeWarrior and USB MultiLink at customer site, by portable license transfer from Desktop computer to Laptop.  Has anyone experience with this?  Can this be accomplished with one USB port on a Laptop ? Do I need some kind of 2 to 1 USB splitter (there is no plug on the back of the USB dongle to plug the USB MultiLink into,... like some parallel port dongles do..) .  Once I get CodeWarrior running, will the computer recheck for the dongle if I pull it out and plug in the USB MultiLink ? ....    Thanks...   Mark
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi:

What you need is a USB Hub, that will wive you several USB ports out of one USB connection in the laptop. You can buy them very cheap for $20-$30 anywhere, even Wal-Mart sells them.

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi:

What you need is a USB Hub, that will wive you several USB ports out of one USB connection in the laptop. You can buy them very cheap for $20-$30 anywhere, even Wal-Mart sells them.

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos