cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some problems with IDE CW 10.5

robertogiovinet
Contributor III

Hello everybody

I'm using CW 10.5 since two weeks, and I've experienced some problems.

1. I'm not able to use keyboard for writing programs as I was used with other IDE, e.g. CW 6.3 or similar: I use often CTRL+INS, SHIFT+INS to copy part of text and paste it in other parts of the program; I use very often CANC for erase part of the text. I can't understand why but CW 10.5 don't let me tu use this keyboard functions!! I've to use right mouse button and select copy and paste, I can't use keyboard and it's quite a problem for me, because time for writing increase a lot! Does anybody experience this fact?
  2. When I'm debugging and program is running, if I try to double click and put a breakpoint CW tell me there's a fatal error and close entire application. I can't understand while I can't put a breakpoint during normal program running.

I hope somebody can give answers!

Thank you very much guys!

Roberto

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Regarding to Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and Delete key, this is a known issue as bug ENGR00299766 in CW10.5, the next update will fix this problem.

For the debugging problem, would you please test whether everything works well if first put a breakpoint CW then start debugging? And what is the part number of your target MCU?

robertogiovinet
Contributor III

Thank you for the answer you gave me.

I'm using MKE02Z32/MKE02Z64 MCU, and I don't have problems if I put breakpoint before start debugging. Also if I use "Run To Line" there's no problem. The only problem is when I try to put a breakpoint while system is running. I've attached to this mail a screenshot of message I have from CW. It happens sometimes, non every time i try to put breakpoints.

Immagine2.jpg

Thank you very much for the help!

Roberto.

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roberto,

it is very hard to reproduce your problem on my side, could you please upload your project and let me the detail steps on reproducing it?

such like where you want to put the breakpoint.

0 Kudos

robertogiovinet
Contributor III

Hi Yong Li

Now I understand how attach a file to discussion. I've attached zip file of a little project that I'm using with FRDM-KE02Z and PEMicro Multilink Universal. Sometimes, as I told you last time, if I put a BP while program is running, CW crashes and I've to restart IDE.

Thank you very much for support.

Best regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roberto,

I'm  so sorry for the time delayed!

I've tried your project on my side on CW v10.5 for many times, and tried to put BP on someplace when program is running.

it works well without any problem.

so, I doubt if there are some problem on your CW installation, may I suggest re-installing CW 10.5 on your side?

PS: CW v10.6 should be released in next month, so, if this problem is not critical, then, I would suggest installing CW v10.6 when it available.

0 Kudos

robertogiovinet
Contributor III

Hi Yong Li,

Thank a lot! As I told you, not all the times BP causes crashes! I will follow your suggestion :smileyhappy: and I'll install CW 10.6!

Thank for your support!

Best Regards!

Roberto

0 Kudos

robertogiovinet
Contributor III

Hi Yong Li,

How can I upload a zip file with project? I can't find any way to do it in this box. I'm new in Freescale Community and I don't know very well how to do it.

I can tell you that the problem was only when program was running and I tried to put BP. If I put a BP before to launch the program I didn't notice problems. The position of BP was not important, because I've tried in different points of the program but very often it happened like I describled before.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roberto,

When you reply ... you can click at the right on Use Advanced editor.

Then the thread will be opened in a new page which will allow you to upload document.

If this is not working you can contact the support team by Service Request system too via ...

You can contact us using the on line support web page.

- Go to following URL: http://www.freescale.com/TechSupport

- Click on Submit a Service Request. You will come to a login page.

- If you are already registered with Freescale (using the Forum, subscribed to newsletter, ...) use your Freescale login and password.

Otherwise, Click on "Register Now" to get registered.

- You can submit your request through the web from there.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Pascal

robertogiovinet
Contributor III

Thank you Pascal!

I've found how reply and using Advanced Editor. The problem was that this tag doesn't appear if I reply when I'm in the Inbox. I've to open discussion, select "Reply" and then I can find "Use Advanced Edito" tag.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos