cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.5 perspectives and autoswitching between them

iansmusical
Contributor V

Hello,

I am using CW 10.5 and wish to know how to do two things. One, in the debug perspective how do you get CW to automatically switch back to the C/C++ perspective when debugging is terminated? Two, is it possible to have the source and disassembly windows one above the other and the variables/breakpoints/registers/memory window to the right of them but not displayed as multiple tabs?

Thank you very much,

Ian

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Ben
Senior Contributor I

1) I think that you can't do it

2) it is possible, but it is very annoying to play with these options. It takes time to reorganize the windows location and look, and it is hard to remember the step you did, so my best advise is: take a free hour and try to play with it...

Maybe you should ask eclipse forum for all the tricks

iansmusical
Contributor V

Hi Ben,

Having taken a free hour to play I can confirm that there is no way to a) automatically switch from the Debug perspective back into the C/C++ perspective and b) to easily arrange the windows as one requires them. After initially dragging them around I got something like what I wanted but then when I switched back to the C/C++ perspective I found my main.c had disappeared and the disassembly window had appeared!

@Freescale it might be useful for your customers if they can easily do both of these things within CodeWarrior (Eclipse). It seems a bit strange that these features are missing but are present in other IDEs!

Thanks,

Ian

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Hi lan

Maybe Eclipse forum is better place to find personalization solutions.

After google selected eclipse too for Android apps development env, for sure we will find users with interesting ideas and experience.

Ben

0 Kudos