Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software simulation in CodeWarrior?

Jump to solution
atalbajracharya
Contributor I

Hi,

I know that we can perform hardware debugging using Code warrior development studio(Eclipse IDE).But,is it possible to perform software simulation to check to value of the registers and program flow in case we don't have the necessary hardware debug tools.If,yes...Could you help me with it.Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Atal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Atal:

As Ben suggested, chip simulation is not available for all devices in CodeWarrior for MCU, just S08 parts, but from your posts I think you use MCF52236, correct?, so simulation is not possible in CodeWarrior.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
malfie
Contributor I

In some contexts can be useful to test the whole software behaviour in isolation, on an host environment, before testing it embedded into target hardware device.

Is it possible to extend Full Chip Simulation  to devices that don't have it? Is it an open tool where user can implement models for not supported devices? If so, how?

Thanks

M.

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Atal:

As Ben suggested, chip simulation is not available for all devices in CodeWarrior for MCU, just S08 parts, but from your posts I think you use MCF52236, correct?, so simulation is not possible in CodeWarrior.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Ben
Senior Contributor I

Atal, I've never used it, but in the run/debug settings you can set "FULL CHIP SIMULATION".

CW does not support all chips with this feature, depends on the chip you are using.

The best way is to define this feature while defining a new project.

If you didn't, try entering project>properties>run/debug settings and add this feature.