cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert Support for 9S08QD4

Jump to solution
kb3phase
Contributor I
I just downloaded CW 5.1 for HCS08 and I see that there is no Processor Expert support for the QD4. In the QD4 data sheet I see that this part looks fairly new. Is there PE support for this device or will there be?

Thanks
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nguzzard
Contributor II
Processor Expert v2.99 is now available.  I recently downloaded it and confirmed that the QD4 is supported.  My only warning is that you need to dig through the generated code when using the full Processor Expert for the QD4.  The zero-page RAM is defined in the PRM file to end at 0x7F instead of 0xFF.  Also, the IO_map.c/h generated code redefines registers already defined in MC9S08QD4.h.  I recommend only using the "Device Initialization" rather than the full expert when creating a new QD4 project.

Here is a link to the download page for the latest Processor Expert version:

Search the download page for "...PE Update v2.99"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Phoenix
Contributor III
PE support for MC9S08QD4 will be included in HC08 Processor Expert Update v2.99. It should be released during this or next week.
nguzzard
Contributor II
Processor Expert v2.99 is now available.  I recently downloaded it and confirmed that the QD4 is supported.  My only warning is that you need to dig through the generated code when using the full Processor Expert for the QD4.  The zero-page RAM is defined in the PRM file to end at 0x7F instead of 0xFF.  Also, the IO_map.c/h generated code redefines registers already defined in MC9S08QD4.h.  I recommend only using the "Device Initialization" rather than the full expert when creating a new QD4 project.

Here is a link to the download page for the latest Processor Expert version:

Search the download page for "...PE Update v2.99"
0 Kudos