cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Expert doesn't support KM MCU?

Jump to solution
rabbitz
Contributor I

I try to build an CW project for MKM34Z128 MCU, but no Process Expert available for the project,

when will add this MCU to Process Expert?

Regards

Sam

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sam,

CodeWarrior support for Kinetis is frozen. All new development goes into Kinetis Design Studio (http://www.freescale.com/kds) and the Kinetis SDK. KM34Z128 is supported in KDS v3.0.0 'bare' (no Processor Expert, no SDK), but the KM34Z256 is supported with Processor Expert:

pastedImage_1.png

So ultimately it is not about if CodeWarrior or Kinetis Design Studio supports something: the question is if the Kinetis SDK supports it. If the Kinetis SDK supports it, it is automatically supported by Kinetis Design Studio. Therefore I recommend that you migrate to Kinetis Design Studio for any new devices, as new devices won't be added to CodeWarrior. They will be in the Kinetis SDK and Kinetis Design Studio.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sam,

CodeWarrior support for Kinetis is frozen. All new development goes into Kinetis Design Studio (http://www.freescale.com/kds) and the Kinetis SDK. KM34Z128 is supported in KDS v3.0.0 'bare' (no Processor Expert, no SDK), but the KM34Z256 is supported with Processor Expert:

pastedImage_1.png

So ultimately it is not about if CodeWarrior or Kinetis Design Studio supports something: the question is if the Kinetis SDK supports it. If the Kinetis SDK supports it, it is automatically supported by Kinetis Design Studio. Therefore I recommend that you migrate to Kinetis Design Studio for any new devices, as new devices won't be added to CodeWarrior. They will be in the Kinetis SDK and Kinetis Design Studio.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
rabbitz
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe we will use KM34Z for product design.

Another question: I get a meter reference design Kit from freescale, but I can't find the hardware design schematic.

On the PCB, is says  "MKM33Z128CLH5_1PH EMETER_REV 3.0", the MCU is LQFP64.

I can find the "DRM142.pdf" and "DRM143.pdf", but the MCU in the schematic is LQFP100.

Would you please help me to find the schematic for this Kit?

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos