cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No .s19 file

Jump to solution
juliancox
Contributor V

This appears to be a recurring problem for me. Everything is fine until, for no apparent reason, CW 11(and CW 10.7) for S08 will not generate a S19 file. If i enable the option in the debug settings I can get a Sx file but I need a abs.s19 file to use with my Cyclone. I have checked the burner.bbl file and the makefile and there appears to be no difference between a project that creates the S19 file and a project that does not. If I disable the s-record option in the build settings I get nothing.

As an alternative to throwing my computer off a very high building, can I use the burner in a stand-alone mode to create a s19 file.

By the way, the only solution in the past has been to create a new project and cut and paste the source files.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Julien,

if that file exist on disk, it might be that the Eclipse view did not show it? You might need to do a 'Refresh' (F5) (context menu on that folder).

The other thing you could check is that if your refresh policy is referring your project (and not something else), see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/06/06/eclipse-project-refresh-policy-broken-incremental-build-with-ext...

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
juliancox
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

Using the Burner (in GUI mode) gave me a quick solution - so thanks. However, you may be interested in the following: -

Once I confirmed that the s19 file was correct I repeated the exercise with the output file destination in the Flash folder of the project (where it would have been if it was working correctly). I then closed and re-opened CW and the s19 file was there. I then made a change to the source code and carried out a Build of the project. Surprise!!!!!!! The last line in the Console window showed that the Burner had be called and a new updated s19 file had be generated. 

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Julien,

if that file exist on disk, it might be that the Eclipse view did not show it? You might need to do a 'Refresh' (F5) (context menu on that folder).

The other thing you could check is that if your refresh policy is referring your project (and not something else), see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/06/06/eclipse-project-refresh-policy-broken-incremental-build-with-ext...

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Julian,

maybe this is your problem:

Traps and Pitfalls: No Hex/Bin/S19 File Created with GNU? | MCU on Eclipse 

?

I hope this helps,

Erich