cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Valid License Key Found - Freescale Codewarrior HC08 V5.1

Jump to solution
FernandoValle
Contributor I
I just installed Codewarrior HC08 V5.1, with updates, on my Windows Xp Pro Sp2 system (not running microsoft office...). I am using remote desktop to access this system. However, when I try to run Codewarrior, i get the following message:

Error

No valid license key was found for this version of  Codewarrior Development Studio. Please register your product by following the instructions on the registration card or by license@freescale.com.

Terminal server remote client not allowed

Feature: Win32_CWIDE_Limited
Licence path: C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for HC08 V5.1 - \license.dat
FLEXlm error: -103,577
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, available at www.macrovision.com.

Any help would be appreciated
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
For the HC08, actually the build tools check the license independently of the IDE at compile time.

So while starting up the ide upfront helps with the ide license, the 8/16 bit build tools will still run in demo mode (say limited to 1k (or more, depending on the core) unless the license explicitly allows to use the terminal server.

See also.

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CW816COMM&message.id=4005&jump=true#M40...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
koubis
Contributor II
Please send this issue to license@freescale.com, Licensing team will generate license with enabled Terminal services.
Please attach this error message and your license.dat file (or registration number).

Best Regards
Nabla69
Contributor V
Hello,

You cannot use Windows Remote Desktop to launch CodeWarrior.
Even with the full professional Edition (the one I use).
This is confirmed by the error message which states "Terminal Server Remote client Not Allowed".

The solution is to start CodeWarrior on the computer itself and lock the session.
Then, you use Remote Desktop under the same session username to gain access remotely.

Rob.
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
For the HC08, actually the build tools check the license independently of the IDE at compile time.

So while starting up the ide upfront helps with the ide license, the 8/16 bit build tools will still run in demo mode (say limited to 1k (or more, depending on the core) unless the license explicitly allows to use the terminal server.

See also.

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CW816COMM&message.id=4005&jump=true#M40...
0 Kudos