Is Windows XP Home Edition not compatible with CodeWarrior V3.1 and V5.0 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Windows XP Home Edition not compatible with CodeWarrior V3.1 and V5.0 ?

Jump to solution
FC
Contributor III
I have CodeWarrior V3.1 and V5.0 installed at my home computer which has Windows XP home edition.  The IDE and simulation work fine, but the ICD/Multlinke lock up when started.  The ICD assistant windows never displays.

Please tell me if you are not having problems with the XP Home Edition. 

Again, please reply because I haven't used the DEMO9S08QG8 board yet.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi FC,

I have CW3.1 and 5 both loaded on to a XP Pro machine and a XP home machine and I don't have any problems or notice any difference.

BR Peg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FC
Contributor III
The target is the DEMO9S08QG8 demo board using the USB Multilink.  The debugger locks up when in circuit debug mode.  The ICD assistant window never shows up.  It seems like hiwave.exe cannot find a file. 
0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi FC,

Just for you, I just flashed and ran a project into my recently built "home made" DEMO9S08QG8 board using my XP home laptop and CW5 through a P&E USB Multilink all with no dramas.

BR Peg

0 Kudos
mke_et
Contributor IV

Are  you using an LPT interface interface module?  Like the BDM-Multilink?  There's a patch that needs to be done so that XP won't poll the LPT port.  (I got a program from Metroworks to create a registry entry to fix the issue)

But I've not heard of that locking up a machine.  Just causing BDM communication errors.

0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi FC,

I have CW3.1 and 5 both loaded on to a XP Pro machine and a XP home machine and I don't have any problems or notice any difference.

BR Peg

0 Kudos
FC
Contributor III

Thank you for verifying this.  This means I have some corrupt system files.

0 Kudos