How can I temporarily switch output from UART to debugger console?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I temporarily switch output from UART to debugger console?

theodortempelme
Contributor I

I am using CW10.6 for Coldfire. Project is ok, output is to UART.

I just want to switch temporarily during development (when serial output happens to be not available).

I would like to switch back and forth with little change to my project. Is that possible?

Thanks for your answer.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

What's your chip part number?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

theodortempelme
Contributor I

It is a Coldfire 52259. I had hoped that I could independantly of the used device switch to console output (and back to UART output - and input of course, by the way, but I don't need that at the moment). So I thought it was a CodeWarrior thing, not a Coldfire thing.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Theodor,

When a new project is created in CodeWarrior with full board support it will have the option to enable the console I/O or UART functionality, the console support can be enabled by changing the CONSOLE_IO_SUPPORT macro to 1 in the exceptions.c file:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos