HCS08/HCS12 USB Multilink with 9s08qb8 "cannot set break point"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS08/HCS12 USB Multilink with 9s08qb8 "cannot set break point"

SuperDave
Contributor III

I have been using this setup for several years with the QD4, QG8, QE8, and even the QE32 but am having problems with the QB8. Also since upgrading to v6.31, the option is for P&E Multilink/Cyclone PRO.. Anytime that I try to set a break point using the QB8, I get the error message "can not set breakpoint at address (addr).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1.You can use many breakpoints when debugging in Full Chip Simulator mode (only for code simulation, without hardware). But when you use P&E BDM MULTILINK then the number of hardware breakpoints is limited by hardware. Depending to the chip you are using, you are limited of the number of Hardware breakpoints(1, 2, 3, ...). please check if you already set the breakpoint in your project and if the total breakpoints number is over the limitation.

2. we can not set breakpoint while code is running.

3. please make sure the address where you set breakpoints has a REAL address. We can't set breakpoint at dummy address.

4. if problem can not be solved, please create a new project with wizard. don't add any extra code, can you set at least one breakpoint on this new project?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

SuperDave
Contributor III

Thank you Zhang,

We are not able to set any breakpoints in the hardware mode. We have already done debugging in the simulation mode but need to do some hardware testing.

It is accepting 0 ( zero ) breakpoints. I appear to be having several other issues with the QB8. No problems with the QG8, QD4, QE8, or QE32.

How many breakpoints does the QB8 allow for?

David

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I currently don't have QB8 board for testing, but per QB8 user manual

"Breakpoint capability to allow single breakpoint setting during in-circuit debugging"

please go to debugger, right click inside source window. "show breakpoints" make sure you have only one breakpoint for in circuit debugging.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------pl
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

SuperDave
Contributor III

Thank you again.

I have done that. It also will not accept watchpoints. I have been able to insert Markpoints but the have no effect.

I am using CW 3.06.1 Is there an upgrade that I need?

David

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

CW3.x is very old version. Please use CW6.3 instead.

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Classic IDE|Freescale

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

SuperDave
Contributor III

Ooops, my error, I am using 6.31

David

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

is this problem in one specific project or a common issue in all project?

if only in one project, can you please upload your project with problem screenshot? I need to check it directly on my side. thanks!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

SuperDave
Contributor III

Hi Zhang,

It is one specific project. I will follow with requested information. It is on a separate computer without e-mail or net access.

David

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if the probelm is only in a specific project, please send the specific project to us, and also mention how to reproduce the problem. I will check it.

Have a great day,

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

markmason
Contributor I

test

0 Kudos