Error message: flash programming error when programming MPC560xBK (TRK-MPC5606B) in CodeWarrior for MCU v10.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: flash programming error when programming MPC560xBK (TRK-MPC5606B) in CodeWarrior for MCU v10.5

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Problem

When I try to program CW10.5 wizard generated bareboard project (based on MPC560xB) into TRK-5606B EVB RevD, I get an error message: flash programming error. MCU may look like censored.

Description

The CodeWarrior project wizard does not distinguish between MPC560xB and MPC560xBK but each uses a different flash programming algorithm. The result is the CodeWarrior bare-board project for MPC5606B cannot be loaded into MPC5606BK board (e.g. TRK-5606B rev.D).

Solution

The workaround is to manually configure your project to use the attached flash programming algorithms instead of the default one for MPC560xBK MCUs.

Instructions

1. Download attached flash programming algorithms (.pcp files) and copy them on your computer(e.g. directly into CodeWarrior directory where all .pcp files are stored: "<CW MCU v10.5>\MCU\bin\plugins\support\EPPC\gdi\P&E"

2. Create a new bare-board project for MPC560xB

9143_9143.pngCreate_MPC5606B_project.png

3. Enter into the "Debug Configurations" and edit the FLASH Connection configuration

9144_9144.pngDebug_configuration_1.png

4. Click on "Advanced Programming Options", enable "Use Alternative Algorithm" and select the pcp file using "Choose Alternative Algorithm". Use the pcp file you downloaded in step one (CFLASH since it covers the code flash).

9145_9145.pngAdvanced_Options.png

5. Confirm the selected file by clicking on "Done" button and confirm also Connection settings dialog

9147_9147.pngAdvanced_Options_2.png

Now you should be able to start debugging/flash programming into MPC560xBK parts.

Hope it helps!

Stan

Labels (1)
2 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MPC5606BK .pcp files attached

thibaultferrant
Contributor I

My team thank you very much for this topic. We are working for the freescale Cup and we lost our MPC5604B the day before the race (dead :smileysad:). We got a MPC5606B for replacement but we were stuck to this problem of flash programming and with you, we found the solution.

We all bless you for this, which doesn't mean we believe in god. Amen

0 Kudos