Download failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download failure

juliancox
Contributor V

I have had this problem, or similar ones fo some time now. I am using CW 11 and a S08QE8 CPU. When I try to debug (compiles OK) it fails. The most common cause of failure is failure to download the code due to lost communication (or something similar) between target and Multilink Universal FX during download, or failure to adjust the clock. Another previous problem was that CW would not generate the .s19 file. Other projects using the same CPU have the same problem, but a project with a different CPU - S08SH4 appears OK. I created a new workspace with a new project and cut/pasted the code into the new files. The "problem"project compiled, downloaded and ran without problems. This appears to be the only solution, but with 10 active projects this is a VERY time-consuming operation whenever I have a problem. I am beginning to wonder if the CodeWarrior IDE is stable. Please don't anyone ask if I have checked all the us things - I have checked and re-loaded many times, re-booted and re-installed CW

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian Cox,

About the generate .S19 file question, how about a new project with S08QE8 ?

I create a new project on my side, it can work well.

If only your own project can't generate the .s19 file, I think there is some re-config in Properties, you can

send a project to me, I will help you to check it .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

juliancox
Contributor V

I fixed the problem by generating a new project in a new workspace. Sometimes I used the Burner in stand-alone mode. I have deleted all projects that do not generate a .s19 file. My real problem is the download problem

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Is CPU supply voltage (Vdd) properly wired to pin 6 of BDM header?

0 Kudos

juliancox
Contributor V

Hi Edward,

If it was not then it would not have worked (which it did) when I created a new project

0 Kudos