cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ColdeWarrior Coldfire 64-bit data types

rlcoder
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using CodeWarrior 7.1 and MCF52235.

I am trying to define a 64-bit variable in C.

The documentation online suggests:

#pragma longlong on     //Turn on 64-bit support (long long)

long long Test;

Test += 1;

This gives link error:

Link Error   : Undefined : "__rt_add64"

What include file has this definition?

Is this the correct way to define a 64-bit data type?

Also if someone could point me to the correct compiler reference manual that would be great.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ron:

I think this is not related to an include file, but to the required runtime libraries at link time.

I do not have CodeWarrior v7.1, but as a test I created a new project in CW v7.2 for the MCF52235 and I could compile your example code with no problems.

Latest CodeWarrior version is v10.6, but I you do not want to migrate to Eclipse, I would recommend you to at least install CodeWarrior for ColdFire v7.2. This version is still downloadable from the next link in evaluation or special edition versions:

CodeWarrior Development Studio for ColdFire Architectures (Classic IDE)

If migrating your projects to CW v7.2, also read the Technical Note TN268, in the "Documentation" tab of the same link.

Hope this helps!

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rlcoder
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your reply.

Switching to CW v7.2 is an option, but I am using the ColdFire_TCP-IP_Lite projects that compile under v7.1.

From what I understand there is no v7.2 port and converting the project is not so simple.

I may just write this function in assembly so I can do the needed 64-bit math.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos