Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior HC08 v5.1 startup problem

Jump to solution
What_lezhich
Contributor I
Hello People,

I have installed the CodeWarrior without any problems.
When I turn on the program I get a startup window in which I choose the "Create Project" button, afterwards,  I choose the MCU I use, at the next window I choose the language and the project's destination, when I push the "Next" button, the system crushes and "kicks" me out by turning itself off.
Also, by pushing the "Run Getting Started Tutorial" button at the startup window, I am getting the same results...
I tried to install the software at other computer and there were no problems. 

Does anybody know what may be the reason for such effect and how do I solve this task?
Thank you in advance.   
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
The search is at the bottom of this webpage :smileyhappy:

When searching for Groove, here's a direct link with the Groove bug workaround:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CW816COMM&message.id=1143&query.id=3988...

Given your description I don't have the impression it is the Groove incompatibility though.
Which os are you using, you did not mention it AFAIS.

And CW for MCU's 6.1 can be downloaded from www.freescale.com, download the "Special Edition".

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Which OS are you using?
There are compatibility issues with Microsoft's Groove, part of Microsoft's office tools. Do you have them installed, if so seach this forum for the workaround.
Also does the current CW for MCU's 6.1 behave better, did you try that current version?
Did you get any dump files?

Daniel
0 Kudos
What_lezhich
Contributor I
Hi,

I'm sorry but I have no idea about where should I check for those installed "compatibility issues with Microsoft's Groove". I would be greatful if you could guide me where to search.
About the 6.1 version, I dont have it. All I have is the version I got from my university (v5.1). Also, would you tell me where I can get one (IF I can get one)?

Thanks alot,
Oleg.  
0 Kudos
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
The search is at the bottom of this webpage :smileyhappy:

When searching for Groove, here's a direct link with the Groove bug workaround:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CW816COMM&message.id=1143&query.id=3988...

Given your description I don't have the impression it is the Groove incompatibility though.
Which os are you using, you did not mention it AFAIS.

And CW for MCU's 6.1 can be downloaded from www.freescale.com, download the "Special Edition".

Daniel
0 Kudos
What_lezhich
Contributor I
Allrighty....!!!!! :smileywink:

All I had to do is to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" in the compatibility tab of IDE.exe properties (like it was said in the link you gave me). From now and on, the program works like a Swiss watch :smileyhappy:
Thank you very much for your help, Daniel.

0 Kudos