CodeWarrior 10 and Softec Spyder programmer?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 10 and Softec Spyder programmer?

Jump to solution
doctorp
Contributor I

Hello,

This is my first message, so first of all I would like to say hello and thanks.

I'm a teacher in a spanish university, and we have some Spyder programmer, from Softec, useful to program S08QG series microcontrolleres. Until now, we are using 6.3cw version, and now I want to switch to CW10, mostly because of the Eclipse interface.

I've read the documentation and it seems that CW10 does not support this platform. In fact, i've installed it and that's true: it does not recognize this programmer.

is there any solution or workaround, or definitively shoul I have to remain with CW6.3?

Thanks again, and regards,

Manuel Perales

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Softec (or that company who acquired SofTec) stopped development years ago, and MCU6.3 was the last version for which there are drivers. And the drivers are for XP 32bit only. I think there are some tricks to get it running with Vista 32bit.  But to my understanding the drivers will not work with any 64bit Windows. So if you need to continue to use the SofTec devices: you will be stuck with MCU6.3.

Sorry, the bad news for you,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Softec (or that company who acquired SofTec) stopped development years ago, and MCU6.3 was the last version for which there are drivers. And the drivers are for XP 32bit only. I think there are some tricks to get it running with Vista 32bit.  But to my understanding the drivers will not work with any 64bit Windows. So if you need to continue to use the SofTec devices: you will be stuck with MCU6.3.

Sorry, the bad news for you,

Erich

0 Kudos
doctorp
Contributor I

I think you are right. Unfortunately. But I don't lose hope; perhaps someone had adapted or somehow 'hacked' the driver for this interface.

MP

0 Kudos