Change the target processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the target processor

stefanomanca
Contributor III

Hi, I've done a project for KL15, now I want to flash a KL14 instead, using PE micro multilink universal. Already, I know I must modify the connection (see image) but I get error (see image).

Which are the config files I have to modify or change. Sometime I can flash it but I get a "hard fault" interrupt.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

stefanomanca
Contributor III

Hi Erich, it's a honour, I'm your fan. The question is that your tutorial works only if  when I do the bare project and I choose "processor expert" but if I choose "device initialization" in Component tab I see the cpu component (but not FLASH folder) and it in not allowed to change cpu. I wonder which are the files that I need to change (by hand) in the navigator tab to allow to download to another cpu. I see it is not sufficient change *.mem file. I want to avoid to do a "paste and copy". Why don't you make a tutorial that explain which files generate codewarrior when does the build.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefano,

thanks for the flowers :-).

Hmm, I did not realize that you are using a *device initialization* project. I have not used that as it was more straight forward to use a 'normal' processor expert project, and then simply add the 'Init' components to it. (Device Initialization projects are special and stripped down projects). And I think here is the problem: because they are very special projects, they do not support all functions (including changing the processor as it looks). And 'device initialization' projects got discontinued in the most recent version of CodeWarrior (so you are probably on 10.3?).

So it might be a better alternative if you create a new Processor Expert project (not a device intialization one), copy the components and take it from there?

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefano,

I don't know the tool version used.

Be aware the last version is CW for MCU V10.5.

This version was released 2 months ago.

You can download an evaluation on the web site:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

By default we recommend to use Processor Expert for the project.

With Processor Expert, it's very easy to change the device and the generated code will be automatically updated to be compliant to new device.

If something needs to be adapted, Processor Expert will show you the action required.

See below - To select new processor click on Components Library and Processors tab

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

stefanomanca
Contributor III

Hi Pascal, did you forget to add the image?

Anyway I'm using CW 10.5 and I get the error in the image. Where is "target processor view"?

Thanks you.

error_change.png

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Stefano,

a jpeg was associated to my previous email.

pastedImage_0.png

Pascal

0 Kudos

stefanomanca
Contributor III

Hi Pascal, thanks.

0 Kudos