mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

n/a

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
7 Replies

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

I have tried all possibilities and it is not working.

What is wrong that I cannot get into debug mode with my PnE FX multilink connector.

As stated I am having MK60DN512VLL10 and minijtag connected.

Do I need to generate that init tcl file and mem file? Is it related to those? I tried a number of options with those and it did not work. If it has to do something with those, how can I generate those files?

Can someone walk me through this?

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mehdi

Here some comments and suggestions:

1- You mention MK60DN512, but schematic says MK60DN512Z. These are different masks. Verify this on the label of MCU and set it accordingly in "Target type".

2- As your hardware engineer can program the same board, we can discard design problem "for now".

3- You tried with your project, but the first approach to find problem between CodeWarrior -> Multilink -> Board is to try with a new empty project. Please carefully follow the steps in the attached video to see if you can flash and enter a debug session. Since this is a new design and I suppose the MCU is brand new, pay attention to the "Always mass erase on connect".

4- One of your pictures above shows "Error Resetting device...", so if (3) does not work, try again but do the next before clicking "Debug":

A) Disconnect power from board.

B) Press and hold the reset button.

C) Power on the board.

D) Click on "Debug" and while session is starting release the button.

You need to try this more than once.

Hope this helps!
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

Hi Jorge,

1- My chip is MK60DN512 VLL10. I verified by looking at the lable on the chip. The hardware engineer probably made a mistake in schematic and he should fix that. I select my target type to be K60DN512M10 for my connection.

2- I believe we were able to root cause the problem. There is a big capacitor on reset signal. We removed that and it worked. We believe this solves our problem.

Interesting to say that, in standard jtag that we had, that capacitor was not a problem.

Thanks

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Problem has been logged in our Service Request system under the number 1-1323008641.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

n/a

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mehdi

As Pascal said, is better handle this kind of problem on a SR, my team is already working on that.

Regards

Vicente

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehdi,

I don't think the community is the better way to handle this type of issue.

Personally I don't have enough hardware background to check the JTAG/miniJTAG schematics.

You're using P&E Mutlilink Universal FX interface.

To resume the situation we can say:

A- from your Hardware engineer.

-> he can load the application using JTAG/miniJTAG for MK10DN512Z VLL10 and MK60DN512 VLL10 without problem,

You don't know the CW for MCU V10.x version he used.

B- from your side.

-> you can load the application using JTAG/miniJTAG for MK10DN512Z VLL10 without problem,

-> you can not load the application using JTAG/miniJTAG for MK60DN512 VLL10,

-> you're using CW for MCU V10.5

Am I right ?

The strange think is that this is working fine on Engineer side.

Please ask him details about the tool version he used.

To do that you must:

Under Eclipse IDE

1-      Start Eclipse and click on Help ¦ About CodeWarrior Development Studio

Under Installed Products, you will see the version used.

Pascal

0 Kudos