i developed an application in code warrior 10.6.4 and made an elf file and dumped into hardware but it is not responding..then i developed the same application in code warrior 2.10 and dumped the elf into hardware it is working..how it is possible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i developed an application in code warrior 10.6.4 and made an elf file and dumped into hardware but it is not responding..then i developed the same application in code warrior 2.10 and dumped the elf into hardware it is working..how it is possible?

chandrasekarkri
Contributor III

Thanks & Regards,

chandrasekar k

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

chandrasekarkri
Contributor III

Hi Pascal Irrle ,

Thanks for your reply..i followed your steps to submit my query..

Thanks & Regards,

Chandrasekar K

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chandrasekar,

You're using CW for MPC55xx/56xx V2.10 and CW for MCU V10.6.4.

Both versions are supporting MPC56xx family.

The V2.10 was released in Q1 2012 whereas the MCU V10.6.4 was released middle of 2015 and some patches were released recently and can be applied on V10.6.4.

It's very difficult to be sure the application is exactly the same on 2 versions.

Why ?

First the build tool chain is not the same.

On V2.10 the compiler version 4.3 build 224 is used whereas on MCU V10.6.4 it's the version 4.3 build 285.

If your application is running fine with V2.10 but not on MCU V10.6.4 we should may be perform some tests on our side.

Is it possible to share with us more information ? ... for instance the project.

I propose you to continue to handle this question through the Case system.

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos