cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code flash on mpc860 using code warrior v8.8

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

hi

we are using mpc860tcvr66d4 for this we are using flash device S29alo16j55tfnr10 top boot sector (1M X 16) which is not there in the codewarrior 8.8 Ide so we added the device using FpdeviceConfig.xml and the device added which is showing in the Flash configuration. we are using my own Xml file, please go through it and see whether our base address is correct or not. we using Erase command which is showing succeeded. But when we are program the device it is showing flash base address error. Can you help in sorting the issue and help us finding base address. i'm attaching flash error ccs log and the Xml file which i'm using. Please help us.

my flash base address starts at  BR0=0xFF800000

OR0=0xFF800050

which is configured in Configuration and Xml file.

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We also use CodeWarrior 8.8 for the MPC8323RDB board.

Initialization file for this board is attached.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check your configuration using attached snapshots and Flash Programmer Configuration file.

These snapshots show CodeWarrior Flash Programmer setting for the MPC8323RDB board.

Compare your setting and Flash Programmer Configuration file.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

While flash programming bus width is taken from the init file .or any other means .following image is our configuration file.

Configuration file.PNG  

0 Kudos

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

We are using the code warrior 8.8 evaluation version .is it create's any problem while code downloading. 

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your base address is correct.

Do not "Apply Address Offset" if you want to burn your ROM.bin file at address 0xFFE0_0000.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

We removed the offset address after that also we are facing the same issue . please find the below attachment for the problems.

flasherror.PNG

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is your "Flash Memory Base Address".

See attached snapshot.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

ravadasrikanth3
Contributor I

Our flash base address is 0xFFE00000 Only (Presently )

We want to know whether this is correct or not for 20 address lines which are A30 to A11.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like that "Flash configuration" is incorrect.

Check the "Flash Memory Base Address".

Flash programmer tries to use address 0xFFC00000 and this address is not within flash boundaries.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

ravadasrikanth3
Contributor I

We are confused  how to find the base address for the FLASH ,we connected address lines AD30 to AD11 lines of the address bus . for that same we programmed the BR[0](0xFFE00801) and OR[0](0xFFE00080) . Now tell us what is the base address we need to for this flash address connections .

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check your "<membaseaddr>0xFFE00000</membaseaddr>" value and Flash address in your .cfg file.

See attached .xml file and .cfg file for the MPC866ADS board.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

maheshwarreddy
Contributor I

Thanks for reply @Pavel Chubakov,

we checked the xml file and configuration file and changed my flash base address from 0xFFC00000 to 0xFFE00000 but still the problem is same.
we are able to access normal write and read operation in normal C code in debug version where we are getting ID of the device also. 

my flash base address starts at  BR0=0xFFE00801

OR0=0xFFE00080

16- bit configuration.(1Mx16X1)

my Sram base address starts at  BR1=0x00000801

only code flash is the problem we are facing.

it is showing following error.
Please help with this

flash error.PNG
0 Kudos