Which Codewarrior do I use???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Codewarrior do I use???

lymantsinnie
Contributor I

I have a Dragon12-plus2 HSC12 microcontroller trainer for University students which uses the MC9S12DG256 as the microcontroller and I am looking for which version of CodeWarrior will work with this? I have downloaded and installed CW_MCU_V6_3_SE, CWS12v5.2 and MCU v10.6.4 and none of these show the MC9S12DG256 as a supported device. Is there a version of CodeWarrior that supports the MC9S12DG256 or am I missing something?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello lyman,

Please use the CW v5.1.

You can download it at here :

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/product?child_plneID=683911&cert_num=181625841&ver=AR...     

pastedImage_1.png

After install it , you will see like this :

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lymantsinnie
Contributor I

With this Eval edition, does the license expire after 30 days?? Tried to use the link you provided but lead to the no software in my account page. I had to hunt down the v5.1 download. It is now installed but as a eval edition. 

Thanks

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lyman,

Yes, if you install a Eval edition , it will expired, and then it used as special .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

lymantsinnie
Contributor I

I had to reset my laptop and therefore had to reinstall CW v5.1

Since then, I am not getting the dialog for setting name and location of sample loads. I had sample projects that I wanted to load and run, it was working before the reset, but now i can't "name/location" any where. Repeated attempts at uninstalling/reinstalling prove same results. 

IDE blank.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Does Lyman,

Do you want this dialog :

pastedImage_2.png

If yes, please click File -> Startup Dialog...

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

lymantsinnie
Contributor I

Hello, 

Thanks for you help, but that was not what I was talking about. The areas where you name your project and location are missing. I had to reinstall and now when I open CW, those fields are missing.

CWv5.1.png

I am running Windows 10. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled again but I still get the blank dialog. How can I completely remove CW? Would that be the issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lyman,

The CW5.1 not support Windows 10 :

pastedImage_1.png

So now you only can test the CW v5.2 , it  support Win10, while it not directly includes the chip of

"MC9S12DG256 " , there is a method to add missing products on CW v5.2, you can have a try.

Add missing derivatives to CodeWarrior HCS12(X) 5.2 (Unofficial Method)  

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

0 Kudos