Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find assembler output files?

Jump to solution
markusbraitner
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create and view list files when building a project in order to see what the compiler actually did. Under project properties - C/C++ Build - settings - Tool Settings - ARM Assembler Output I set a tick to "Generate Listing File". But I can't find a .lst file anywhere in the project folder (see attachment). Is there another extension to these type of files or did I just overlook something?

I'm using

- Tower System TWR-K60D100M

- CodeWarrior for MCU; Version 10.5

- ARM Assembler

- The sample project gpio_twrk60d100m from \Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\examples\gpio\cw10

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Kind regards,

Markus

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Markus:

Unfortunately with Freescale Kinetis build tools this is not possible, while it is with Kinetis GCC build tools. The only option you have is to view the assembly code source-by-source, by right clicking and selecting "Disassemble".

Disassemble.png

There is a compiler command line option which throws the assembly code to the console, but this is not really convenient. If you want to give it a try go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> ARM Compiler -> Language, and in the Other Flags box add the option -disassemble.

Kind Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Markus:

Unfortunately with Freescale Kinetis build tools this is not possible, while it is with Kinetis GCC build tools. The only option you have is to view the assembly code source-by-source, by right clicking and selecting "Disassemble".

Disassemble.png

There is a compiler command line option which throws the assembly code to the console, but this is not really convenient. If you want to give it a try go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> ARM Compiler -> Language, and in the Other Flags box add the option -disassemble.

Kind Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
markusbraitner
Contributor IV

Hello Jorge,

thank you very much for your answer! Using right-click and choosing "Disassemble" is exactly what we need!

Kind regards from Vienna,

Markus