Contributor I

Hi,

been going MAD, for a while,

every time I close the Code Warrior get this error messages,

131670_131670.pngpastedImage_0.png

131671_131671.pngpastedImage_1.png

try to find information, contact Freescale/Nxp, nothing, 

we are using an old

we download the new version "CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers (RS08HC(S)08-ColdFire V1) v6.3",

same thing,

any thoughts ?

truly and honestly appreciate all the help we can get,

thanks ,

Ricardo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ricardo

The IDE saves various files on your system that store IDE and debugger setting information.At times, these files get corrupted and you will see inconsistent behavior from the IDE and/or debugger.Therefore, try deleting the IDE and debugger preference files from your system after exiting the IDE.

The files to delete can be found in My Documents\Metrowerks.

There should be a CW Autosave and a CW Debugging Cache folder in that location.

Delete the contents of the My Documents\Metrowerks folder and these two subfolders.

You may also want to try deleting the project _Data folder after closing the project.

Metrowerks.JPG

Another suggestion that you can try is to remove any older versions of the tools if they are no longer needed.

You should always remove them by going to Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel.

If that is not an option or does not help resolve the problem, try reinstalling the current release of the HCS08 tools.

However, use the "Full" install option as opposed to "Custom" or "Typical" when installing for the second time.

Please perform the following cleanup operation, step by step:

0) If you have programs that startup up after reboot, these programs should be disabled before attempting the procedure below.

This reduces possible variables causing the problem and aids in this troubleshooting clean-up.

1) Backup your license.dat files in another location

2) reboot

3) completely uninstall all CodeWarrior installations from the machine, every last one of them

4) go out and delete any leftover CodeWarrior folders if the uninstall did not remove them.

5) delete all CodeWarrior prefs (the uninstall gives this option but also check to see if any old prefs exist after uninstall -- they exist in the usual Windows locations for application prefs )

6) After all CW is removed, reboot the machine.

7) Perform a scandisk and a defragmentation of the installation drive (and the C: drive as well if Codewarrior is not installed there)

8) Reboot again

9) Now do a clean installation of our tools,restore the license.dat file, and in the .\bin\ subfolder of your installation, execute the regsever.bat

10) Reboot again

On a normal machine, there should be no problems with the above procedure

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos