cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PE Micro without debugging

nemanjasavic
Contributor I

Hi all,

I use PE Micro for programming my MPXY8300 (HCS08). I am not able to realize how to perform only programming without debugging. So what I want is just to download the code and nothing more. Why I want this is for the reason that I microcontroller is not able to go into stop1 and stop2 modes when in debugging mode.

I currently use Code Warrior 5.9.

Best,

Nemanja

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

we can use  Codewarrior and .s19 file to program burn file into flash. This tool is called hiwave.exe. Thus, you needn’t purchase the license but can use free edition program flash.
The method is as below:
1.   Install Codewarrior.
2.   make sure the hardware is well connected with PC.
3.   open Hiwave debugger “Hiwave.exe” in {Your CW install directory}\prog
4.   then in debugger, go to menu “component”, “set connection…”. In new pop-up small dialog, in the dropdown list, select HC08 and P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro. Click OK to close this dialog.
5.   go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “device”, select the right device chip.
6.   go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “connect”, Set the right connection.
7.   go to menu “File”, “Load application…”. Import the .s19 file into debugger. You could have a browse the content at the memory window of the debugger, it should be in coincidence with the s-record file.
8.   Press F5 to run. The code should download into the flash.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nemanjasavic
Contributor I

Hi,

thank you for your answer Zhang Jun. The procedure you described is what I am doing at the moment, but I don't want that. That brings my processor in Background Debugg Mode (don't know correct phrase). With this procedure I need to disconnect PE Micro every time after programming in order to have my processor going into STOP1 and STOP2 mode.

Is it possible to use PE Micro only to download code into processor and nothing more. So, no F5 for running. Just downloading the code, after which, the processor would ignore PE Micro, which I do at the moment by disconnecting it.

Best

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nemanja,

Freescale doesn't have other standalone programmer.

please check if P&E standalone programmer can meet your requirement:

with P&E programmer software can program s19 file but can not program .abs file.

For HCS08, there is a software named PROGHCS08, but it is not free, you can find it here:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27&CFID=1076275&CFTOKEN=67738062

concern the firmware, The Cyclone Pro is recommended for both development and production, while the Multilink cables are recommended only for development. This is the link for cyclone PRO. We can see it in below link:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=1&menu_id=details&CFID=1605153&CF...

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos