TWR-56F8400 running application without debugger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-56F8400 running application without debugger

ChrisN
Contributor II

I am using the TWR-56F8400 standalone (powered from USB debug port) with one of the ProcessorExpert examples - PFlash memory, small data memory model. I use CW 10.6. When I run my example in the debugger everything works. I can even push the reset button on the board and it runs fine again. But without starting the debugger first, it doesn't run at all. It doesn't make a difference whether I have jumpers J20/J21 closed or open to disable BDM.

How can I run any application standalone without the debugger? Many thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Christian

If it starts up correctly in debug mode, but not in stand-alone mode, the possible reason may be:

1) Watchdog reset. Is the watchdog being serviced? Please first disable the watchdog in your application and test whether it makes any difference.

2) Incorrect interrupt vector. In debug mode, the program starts from Entry Point which is set in the Target setting. While in stand-alone mode, it starts from vector table.

Please check whether the vector table is placed at the correct address in program flash. And the reset vector is correctly calling the start up routine.

3) Lost data in RAM. Please check the linker command file and MAP file, whether there’s code  or initialized  data are placed in RAM, please place them in flash.

4) Initialized global variable, whether they are initialized correctly. This is another difference between running in debug mode and stand-alone mode.   When program before debugging, CodeWarrior will erase the memory before writing, but in stand-alone mode.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos