cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair debugger CWH-UTP-ONCE-HE

valeriobarbati
Contributor I

Dear All,

i have 4 debugger (no warranty) with a problem (USB Error, Protocol Error).

There is a center dedicated to the repairs?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Valerio

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

An early revision of the CodeWarrior USBTAP has been sometime shown to be sensitive to Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) from human touch.   Users should take care to ground themselves when handling the USBTAP unit.
The Reversion E and its later reversion fixed this issue,  below is the Release notes from Rev E:

• Software compatible with existing UTAPS (no need for CodeWarrior upgrade)
  • Converted USB Type B connector to a USB Micro B connector (this will minimize ESD harming the unit)
  • More robust target cable (this will reduce susceptibility to EMI)
  • Plastic Case (this will minimize ESD harming the unit)

To return the damaged USBTAP and get a replacement, you may advise the customer to follow the RMA instructions at the link below:
http://www.nxp.com/buy/buy-direct/returns-and-warranty-information:WTBUY_DTD_RETURNS

If you know a Freescale FAE, who follows your project and supplies support, you can also contact the FAE to help you.

If you are using Eclipse CodeWarrior v10.x, I would recommend anther emulator:
http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/mac7xxx-automotive-contro...

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos