cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD9Z1J638 debugging problems

lizhi
Contributor II

Hi,all

I download the program into the microcontroller(MM9Z1J638) by multilink universal. But  a problem accurs, The console is as follows,  

I don't know what's wrong with my operation. 

expect to get the result soon !

fl::target -b 0x1000 0x2000
fl::target -v off -l off
cmdwin::fl::device -d "MM9Z1J638_FLASH" -o "128Kx32x1" -a 0xfe0000 0xffffff
cmdwin::fl::image -f "E:\\BMS 638 System\\RD9Z1-638-4Li-SW_Rel1.03\\MM9Z1J638\\RD9Z1-638-4Li-Sw.elf" -t "Auto Detect" -re on -r 0xfe0000 0xffffff -oe off
cmdwin::fl::erase image
Beginning Operation ...
-------------------------
Auto-detection is successful.
File is of type Elf Format.

Performing target initialization ...
Device MM9Z1J638_FLASH is protected
Erasing ....
Error: Erase Command Failed. Operation timeout. Security area should not be programmed with a value that leads to irreversible secure
. Protect violation error.
Device MM9Z1J638_FLASH
An invalid preference was passed to the GDI protocol plugin(HC/RS/S12Z GDI Protocol Adapter)
Error: Erase Command Failed.Operation timeout. Security area should not be programmed with a value that leads to irreversible secu
re
. Protect violation error.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Li zhi,

Through  the information of Console , it seems the chip is security ,

pastedImage_1.png

The security features of the S12Z chip family are :

•Prevent external access of the non-volatile memories (Flash, EEPROM) content
•Restrict execution of NVM commands
•Prevent BDC access of internal resources

In the chip register , there are two bits are used for security (SEC[1:0]), then set the tow bits to 10 ,

it unsecured.

pastedImage_13.png

About the detail please refer to Data Sheet of  your chip,    the part of  "5.2.7Security "

Hope it helps
Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lizhi
Contributor II
Dear Alice,
I am glad to hear from you !
It seems that your advice is useful. My board is RD9Z1J638. The codes come from NXP official website.
 But I don't know how to modified  my codes seen in the annex(download from NXP Web:  MM9Z1_638, 4-Cell Lithium Battery|NXP  ).  So I hope you can modify the code for me .Thank you very much!
0 Kudos

lizhi
Contributor II

you know the code is RD9Z1-638-4Li-SW_Rel1.03

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello LI Zhi

- I just guess maybe it is the security problem.

If it is the security problem, it is not the project you now want to download , it is

the reason of the project which exist in your board . You can first erase all the chip,

then download your project to have a try.

- About the security :SW example of Security feature with Backdoor Access Key option for S12ZVL MagniV microcontroller 

pastedImage_2.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

lizhi
Contributor II

Hello,Alice

anotner noticed thing is that a window pop up said  "Device is secure.Erase to unsecure?"

In fact,I first use the Codewarrior 10.6. So Could  you tell me how operating to erase all the chip .

thankyou.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Li Zhi,

When it shows "Device is secure.Erase to unsecure?" , please click "Yes".

BR

Alice

0 Kudos