Programming custom MCS08DZ60 through Evaluation Board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming custom MCS08DZ60 through Evaluation Board?

pawankumar
Contributor III

Hi Folks,

You have been helping me throughout the time when I face trouble. Am thankful to you.

I have a small query.

I have the DEMO09S08DZ60

I am able to program code. That's fine. I would be getting a prototype PCB with the same controller in it. The board will have a 6 pin BDM port in it.

Earlier, I had planned to buy the USB Multi Link BDM or the ULINK, which is an upgraded version of that. But now, I am thinking of options wherein I can make use of EVM's USB-BDM interface to program my external controller.

Is this possible?

Kindly advise.

Pawan

Labels (1)
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pawan,

we ever asked engineer from P&E to confirm their position concerning  using the on-board BDM module that is present in many of their demo boards to program and debug a target external to the demo board.

P&E's answer is that these BDM Modules are low cost BDM modules that are not intended to be used for anything else other than program the device present on the demoboard. Even attempting to program the same derivative part number but on an external target is not guaranteed it will work. P&E does not support this and Freescale support should not assist customers who try to hack these boards to turn them into programmers.

does this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pawankumar
Contributor III

Okay Zhang,

Thanks for the answer.

Pawan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you are welcome.

Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos