cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE Code Generation Disable

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

I have used PE to generate code for some components. I have made changes to PE generated code. And when I add a new component using PE, I don't want PE to regenerate the code for previous modified components and only for newly added components. I had code generation disable with Don't Write Generated Component Modules as below:

145295_145295.pngpastedImage_0.png

But I found that code is also generated for those components.

What did I miss? Or any other way to disable code generation?

Thank you,

David Zhou

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David.

I just checked under my CW10.6.4, Don't Write Generated Component Modules works normally.

What's your Codewarrior version?

which file/function do you trying to modify?

can you please upload your demo project here thus I can check your problem directly?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Jennie,

My CodeWarrior is also 10.6.4:

pastedImage_0.png

My NXP Community Web Page has problem with uploading. I cannot attached files for uploading, which has been never resolved itself. In ACTIONS command list, it doesn't contain upload or edit. Or I don't know how to upload a file.

Have you tested for a cloned BSP project? The problem may be related to cloned bsp.

Show me how to upload or give me an email I zip and send project for you to test.

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

after you click on "Actions", "Edit", you can up load your attachment here:

pastedImage_0.png

I just created a new MQX4.2 bsp project with clone wizard. I didn't reproduce your problem also. see my enclosed video and my testing code.

please let me know how to reproduce your problem based on it. thanks!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for your reply.

As I said in my previous reply, The Edit Button Command is not available (not on the list), if I click Action button. So I can not send my project to you.

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ok, pleases send your project to jennie.zhang@nxp.com

meanwhile please test my testing project. if it works normally on your side.

the project is created under C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\build\cw10gcc

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

It seems that not always re-generate if it is disabled. Not all disabled are regenerated. It seems random as far as which file(s) will be regenerated, under some conditions they are regenerated. I have GIT checked in for the project, and the files can easily be identified.

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

I tested your project from my side, "Don't Write Generated Component Modules" also work. see attached video.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Jennie,

I cannot access your attached video, just like I cannot attached a file, I believe. But I believe you. It might have something to do with the cloning or something with paths. I don't know. I think it is not biggie. Only thing is I have to pay attention after PE.

I think you can close this tick.

Thank you for your support.

David Zhou

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David.

thanks. You are welcome.

Best Regards.

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Jennie,

I have zipped a few project folders with readme.txt. Please test.

I tried original installed bsp: bsp_twrk60f120m.wsd under C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\build\cw10gcc\bsp_twrk60f120m.

It works, and if code generation is disabled, it doesn't generate the code again.

So the issue might have something to do with the Cloning wizard.

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos