Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilink Universal can't program the 9s12 chip after firmware updated

Jump to solution
jason_zhang
Contributor III

Hi

I use the codewarrior 10.6.4 for programing the MCU with the Multilink Universal.

I have two projects, one is using 9s08PA60 chip,the other is using 9S12XEG128 chip.

Today, when I progarmed the 9s08PA60 chip,the multilink universal firmware updating picture appeared and

installed automatically.

After that , I can't use it to  program the 9S12XEG128 chip(the other multilink universal which is not updated is ok).

The error picture is as below.

144896_144896.pngpastedImage_1.png

And how can I change the multilink universal firmware by codewarrior?

I look forward to your reply ,thank you very much!

Jason

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Before using Multilin Universal, we need make sure if its firmware supports your target architecture.

we can upload U-miltilink firmware with P&E firmware update utility.
http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/

I ever updated my U-miltilink firmware with P&E firmware update utility as attached video, it can work with CW5.x without any problem. can you please try the same?
how does it work?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Before using Multilin Universal, we need make sure if its firmware supports your target architecture.

we can upload U-miltilink firmware with P&E firmware update utility.
http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/

I ever updated my U-miltilink firmware with P&E firmware update utility as attached video, it can work with CW5.x without any problem. can you please try the same?
how does it work?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jason_zhang
Contributor III

Hi Jennie

Thank you very much!

I also use the PE program the KEA128 chip.

It works by modify the firmware as below.

Thank you very much!

Jason

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jason,

You are welcome!

Have a great day,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
jason_zhang