MCF5225x EVM USBDM driver&codewarrior V7.2&Vmware XP system Compatibility problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5225x EVM USBDM driver&codewarrior V7.2&Vmware XP system Compatibility problems

wl5684
Contributor II

During the use of the MCF5225x original development board, the Codewarrior version on the CD was not compatible with the win7 64bit system.

I tried to install the Win-XP operating system in VMware. Currently, the device manager can discover and identify the board driver. But when debugging with codewarrior V7.2, I get an error " Abatron firmware: BDI: No response from BDI". I suspect that the firmware of the USBDM is updated in the previous Codewarrior 10.7 , So the IDE does not match the firmware  now.

The chip can be debugged normally in Codewarrior 10.7 , but the sample project in the CD can't be used directly. This version can not support to import class prj into the workspace directly.

Then how to solve this problem, see the picture in the attachement.

1. Is it possible to provide the original USBDM firmware of the TWR-MCF5225x processor board that comes with the factory? And does the USBDM driver in the vmware virtual machine environment require a special version?

2. If 1 is not feasible. Can you provide the TWR-MCF5225x sample project file that can be imported and debugged normally under codewarrior V10.7?

Thank you! ! !

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

wl5684
Contributor II

I need some help. Can anybody give me some advice? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liang,

There seems to be a problem with the virtual machine drivers, I would better recommend that you move to CodeWarrior 11. As you mention, the projects created in CodeWarrior classic cannot be directly openened in CodeWarrior 11 but you can use the following guides as reference on how to do this. The cleanest way is to create a new project in CodeWarrior 11 and add to it the source/drivers from the classic project, make sure to copy just the application specific files not the startup, linker, etc. files.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN4104.pdf 

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN4727.pdf 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Referring to AN7427, I am trying to imgrate the hvac_twrmcf52259 project from CW 7.2 to CW 10.7. I have added all of the source files, lib files, object files to the new project in CW 10.7, and changed the include path and library path. But I am not sure how to modify the linker files.I just use the automatically generated MCF52259_Interbal_Flash.lcf file, and I didn't change the startup_code files. But I got the link error as follows. Can you give some advice how to resolve these error? Do you have the modified lcf file for hvac_twrmcf52259 adpted to CW 10.7, and send me an copy? Thank you very much.

When I use Entry point : __startup
The error messages in the console is:

'Building target: TWR-MCF52259.elf'
'Executing target #19 TWR-MCF52259.elf'
'Invoking: ColdFire Linker'
"F:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.7/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldmcf" -o "TWR-MCF52259.elf" @@"TWR-MCF52259.args"
F:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.7/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldmcf|Linker|Error
>Undefined : "main"
>Referenced from "_startup" in
F:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.7/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldmcf|Linker|Error
>Link failed.

Errors caused tool to abort.
mingw32-make: *** [TWR-MCF52259.elf] Error 1

When I use Entry point : ___boot (refer to the CW 7.2 settings)
The error messages in the console is:

'Building target: TWR-MCF52259.elf'
'Executing target #19 TWR-MCF52259.elf'
'Invoking: ColdFire Linker'
"F:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.7/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldmcf" -o "TWR-MCF52259.elf" @@"TWR-MCF52259.args"
>Undefined : "__boot"

Errors caused tool to abort.
mingw32-make: *** [TWR-MCF52259.elf] Error 1

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liang,

Is it a MQX project? Did you create the new project as an MQX project? Please meke sure to also include and build the PSP and BSP, the label _boot is used in the PSP.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

wl5684
Contributor II

Yes. It's a MQX project. I create a bareboard project. Do you have any instructions for creating an MQX project?

Is it easy to imgrate? I'm newer of the MQX.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liang,

My colleagues that supervise the MQX space could give you more information on how to create it, could you please post your question here?

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza

wl5684
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Now I will migrate the source code of MCF5225x to    Codewarrior 10.7.

0 Kudos