Installing the Codewarrior for HC12

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the Codewarrior for HC12

harshitha_chiga
Contributor II

I have installed codewarrior HS12. But couldn't open it. A pop up "The Codewarrior preferences file is read only or is currently in use" is shown on screen. Can you help me out on this?

nxp.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I wonder you did not log on as administrator.

Workaround: after installation (still logged as user with admin rights) change attributes of folder where CW is installed - add write rights for this user (or for Users group). According my tests it is enough.

Of course user will also need to create shortcut of IDE.exe because CW installer created it only for user who installed it.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

harshitha_chiga
Contributor II

Hi Jun Zhang,

Thanks for the reply!! will look into this.

Regards,

Harshitha.C.B

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos