Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Lost connection to Debug Engine

Jump to solution
joseperez
Contributor II

Hi!

I'm trying to debug a board based on a MCF5213 microcontroller using CodeWarrior Version: 11.0.1
Build Id:180609 on Windows 10. I'm having problems when trying to step into any part of the code, when that happens I get the following error message:

Capture_debug_error.PNG

I followed as mentioned on the thread "CodeWarrior debugger crashing - CORBA connection error" and modified the cwide.ini file. Then I proceeded to try and debug again and got the following message.

Capture_debug_engine_lost_connection.PNG

I then encountered the threads like error debugging, where BlackNight‌ suggested to use the task manager to search for repeated instances of DE.exe or the process being missed. I am still not able to find these problems. Is there any other cause for this error to happen?

Thanks!

Jose E.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joseperez
Contributor II

I Re-installed CodeWarrior and opened another workspace an that seems to have solved the issue 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What debug probe are you using? I had that issue with a board recently after I have upgraded the SEGGER J-Link probes with the latest firmware. It worked fine with the P&E one. I have not tried that yet, but reverting the J-Link firmware might solve the problem.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
joseperez
Contributor II

Hi Erich!

I'm actually using a P&E MultiLink Universal.

0 Kudos
joseperez
Contributor II

I Re-installed CodeWarrior and opened another workspace an that seems to have solved the issue 

0 Kudos