Directory does not contain enough space to extract temporary files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory does not contain enough space to extract temporary files

kapuria
Contributor I

Trying to install CodeWarrior for Coldfire on my Ubuntu 18.0 machine. When I run the ./setuplinux.bin I get the error below:

the directory /tmp/istemp7023197101723 does not contain enough space to extract temporary files. Please Specify a temporary directory using the -is:tempdir option.

I do have enough space in my Dir but I am not sure what is going on. I tried running both as root and not as root. Also i tried with -is:tempdir <PATH_TO_A_DIR> and it still does the same thing.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maulik,

Could you provide the specific IDE you are trying to install?

Also, please try to specify a different directory that has more disk space using the -tempdir option.

Any specific reason for using Coldfire devices? If you are barely starting your project I recommend you to take a look to our Kinetis or LPC microcontrollers. I am sure we have one that can fit your needs.

General Purpose Microcontrollers | NXP 

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

kapuria
Contributor I

Hi

I am using freescale-coldfire-m68k-linux-gnu-4.3-43.i686.rpm

I have tried a different directory that has more space in it. Even the /tmp dir its complaining about have 400G of free space. I am running this as root as well. I don't have an option to use a different device unfortunately.

Thanks

Maulik

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maulik,

I am not the Linux expert but it seems to be an error with the partitions. I found the following forum that may be helpful.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/199565/not-enough-space-on-tmp

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos