Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC Quickstart and MC56F82323

Jump to solution
agf
Contributor II

Hi!

Do you know where can i find the Quickstart stationery example project for MC56F82323 (with all hardware-specific files)?

I've installed the latest DSC Quickstart version 2.6.31 but there is no trace of this MCU in the stationery folder, perhaps there is another way for creating  a new project?

i read and unzipped the two files mentioned here DSC56800EX_Quick_Start_r2.6 but i found them not useful for this purpose...

72625_72625.jpgquickstart_version.jpg72648_72648.jpgstationery.jpg

thanks in advance

agostino

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Agostino,

You are correct that QuickStart has no stationary project for MC56F82323, we will improve this tool.  You can choose MC56F82313 stationery because MC56F82313 and MC56F82323 are same except for memory size. 

Since MC56F82323 has more program flash and RAM. After creating the project, please manually modify the link command file.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To integrate Quick Start with CodeWarrior, please:

1) Installing the Freescale Stationery New Project Wizard for Eclipse

Please follow the instructions in:

C:\Freescale\DSC56800EX_Quick_Start_r2.6\docs\code_warrior\npw_inst_CW.htm

2) Creating New DSC56800EX_Quick_Start Projects with Quick Start Stationery

Please follow the instructions in

C:\Freescale\DSC56800EX_Quick_Start_r2.6\docs\code_warrior\npw_use_CW.htm

But the menu in CodeWarrior v10.6.x is a little different with CodeWarrior v10.4.  In CodeWarrior v v10.6.x, the step 1) is a little different. To create a new DSC56800EX_Quick_Start project, please go to menu File/New/Other…/Freescale/New Stationery Project

new stationery project.png

3) Installing Graphical Configuration Tool

Please follow the instructions in 1.2.2.1 to install Graphical Configuration Tool

Fiona Kuang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
agf
Contributor II

Hi Fiona,

thanks for your answer;

i've already integrated the QuickStart tool in CodeWarrior and i can succesfully see the window you posted.

My question was about creating a new stationery project based on MC56F82323, and i can see in your picture that even your installation (and mine) don't have such a MCU (You have MC56F82 313 and 316, is it correct?).

Now I'm testing this MCU with a project based on MC56F82723 and found no problem but i wonder if there is a way to create a new project based on MC56F82323 via QuickStart tool.

Thanks for your help!

agostino

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Agostino,

You are correct that QuickStart has no stationary project for MC56F82323, we will improve this tool.  You can choose MC56F82313 stationery because MC56F82313 and MC56F82323 are same except for memory size. 

Since MC56F82323 has more program flash and RAM. After creating the project, please manually modify the link command file.

Fiona Kuang

agf
Contributor II

Ok,

I'll do this way!

thanks

agostino

0 Kudos