cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coldfire V1 MAC simulation in Code Warrior v5.9

Jump to solution
davecurtis
Contributor I

Code Warrior (v5.9.0) seems to be able to assemble MAC instructions if you select a Coldfire processor that supports MAC, but the simulator crashes if you attempt to execute them.  The simulator 'set derivative' menu does not seem to include any instances of processors that support MAC.  Is this a limitation of the simulator, or is there some setting I am missing?  If it does not support MAC, is there some later version or upgrade that does?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

I have been informed me that the Simulator does not support the MAC unit and that there are no later versions that support this. I would recommend that you try using actual hardware for testing MAC instructions.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davecurtis
Contributor I

OK, maybe 'crash' is not the right word.  It jumps to startup code, probably indicating an illegal instruction trap.

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

Have you tried testing if you are able to execute the MAC instructions without using the simulator?

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos
davecurtis
Contributor I

Yes it seems to work in hardware (via BDM).  Just not the software simulator.

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

I have been informed me that the Simulator does not support the MAC unit and that there are no later versions that support this. I would recommend that you try using actual hardware for testing MAC instructions.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos