Can I transfer an installation of Codewarrior from one computer to another?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer an installation of Codewarrior from one computer to another?

tricknick
Contributor I

I have been tasked with replacing old(er) computers with new units and am trying to transfer the Codewarrior IDE (3.1) from a computer running Windows Vista to one using Windows 10 (a big jump, I am aware). Is this possible or do I need to download a newer version on the new computer?

Thank you,

Nick 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

CodeWarrior 3.1 is a very old version. It can not work on win10.

what's your chip part number? please let me know thus I will recommend you a new version.

Thanks.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tricknick
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

It is an MC9S08GB60.

Thanks, 

Nick 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi NIck,.

You use HCS08 MCU, thus to work on win10, thus only CW version is CW10. Please download latest CW10.7 from this url

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP 

CW3.1 project can not be opened with CW10, please read this article as referral of how to import.

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4727.pdf 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

tricknick
Contributor I

I will definitely try this out.

Thank you much! 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Best Regards,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

tricknick
Contributor I

Hi again Jennie,

Thanks again so much for this reference.

I was now wondering if, to your knowledge, there were any standalone programming applications out there that could be used instead of the one built into CWv10.7.

I only ask because the company that I work for only used CW3.1 as a means to program certain units that we manufacture, not to actually develop code. The same applies to 10.7 in that we are only looking for something to program with.

Do you know of anything that could be used in this situation?

Thanks,

Nick 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick

I was just back from my vacations.

regarding to your questions, NXP doesn't have HCS08 standalone programmer but P&E has.

PROGHCS08 68HCS08 Flash/EEPROM Programmer Software  :

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

for mass production in plant, CYCLONE In-Circuit Production Flash Programmers is recommended.

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos