Which tool generated this code?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which tool generated this code?

mikelav
Contributor I

I've inherited a ColdFire project that hasn't been touched since 2013.  I know very little about it.  I have a copy of the released code (*.elf).  It is 290KB large.  It appears CodeWarrior V7.1 was used.  I'm trying to identify the tool that generated it so I can track down the CodeWarrior license.

I doubt it was a floating license.  Does this mean there is a USB dongle needed?

Is the license info in the ELF image?  (Can I lookup the license info?)

How can I tell if the license was a basic, standard, or Pro version?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike

It's not possible to identify which type of license is using while developing the project.

But even though, you can still use/develop this project .

CW has three types of license: nodelock, floating, dongle. you can choose anyone of them based on your requirement.

If you are sure this project was developed under CW7.1, and if you care about the budget, you can purchase a basic license suite, then check if this basic version license can work well with your project. If you find the basic version is not enough to develop your project, you just need pay price difference then you can upgrade your basic license to professional version.

please refer this document. this documents the features that available for each CW version.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/950-00437.pdf 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mikelav
Contributor I

I'm using an eval version of CodeWarrior IDE V5.9.  The C++ code fails to build.  (Among other issues.)  The CPP keywords are unrecognized by the build tools.  Shouldn't I be able to compile C & C++ code?

I'm looking for a screen that tells me the license info.  i.e. Eval copy,... 18 days to go,.... licensed prof copy,...

Where can I find this info?

Thanks

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike

I was  just back from vacation.

What error message did you get?
If the error reason is on license side, the error message should be something like this limited version for c++ feature.
Evaluation license is also called temporary professional license, so there is no code size limit to c++ if the evaluation license is valid.
However as I know CodeWarrior doesn’t support full C++ feature. I would suggest you check CodeWarrior build tool chain manual under CodeWarrior install folder.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

to my knowledge, there is no license information in the .elf file.

If you need basic/standard/pro to rebuild it, depends on the code size (as basically the licensing imposes the code size limits).

If you want to have a look what is in the .elf, you can use the readelf utility (GNU Binary Utilities: readelf ).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos