Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for MC9S08QE128 for 64 bits OS

Jump to solution
aldomadrid
Contributor I

Hello!

Some years ago I bought a Demoque128 board with a MC9S08QE128 microcontroller (also the MCF51QE128 included).

I used it at the university, but now that I'm trying to use it in Windows 7 I cannot install the drivers.

When I run the installation software for the drivers it tells me: "cannot run an x86 build of this utility on x64 platform".

I already installed the CW_MCU_V6_3_SE.exe.

Can anyone help me to find the drivers or tell me what can can I do to run the microcontroller.

Thank you for your time!

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

classic CW was not designed for 64bit win7,We have an3936 for how to install classic CW on 64bit win7

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN3936.pdf

CW10.6 was designed for 64bit win7, it includes support for HCS08 device. I recommend you use CW10.6 instead:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale

does it answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

classic CW was not designed for 64bit win7,We have an3936 for how to install classic CW on 64bit win7

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN3936.pdf

CW10.6 was designed for 64bit win7, it includes support for HCS08 device. I recommend you use CW10.6 instead:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale

does it answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
aldomadrid
Contributor I

Thank you so much! Both methods worked perfectly.

Have a great day you too,

Aldo Madrid

0 Kudos