CodeWarrior USB TAP connectivity

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior USB TAP connectivity

mchabot
Contributor I
I am using the USB TAP CWH-UTP-ONCE-HX Rev B. to debug software written for the DSP56F803. Two days ago when I left my project everything was working fine, I could program the chip, set breakpoints, read memory, etc. Today when I went to load the newest version of my software the USB TAP can't communicate and I get a message back saying "CCS: core not responding." Nothing has changed since it last worked. The board / chip / USB TAP / computer have not even been touched. I have tried rebooting, restarting the DSP, different computer, different USB cable, different DSP chip, etc. The USB TAP can't even program my DSP56F803 eval board. When I do try to program the chip the TX/RX led goes from blinking green to orange quickly and then back to blinking green. The Run/Pause led initally is off but lights up solid red after the error is displayed. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot? I am starting to worry that my USB TAP is fried and I absolutely need this thing working over the next two days or my project will fall off schedule. Please help.

Matt
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Irene
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support
Are you still having problems with the USBTAP?  Do you have something other than a USBTAP to connect to your board?  Can you connect to your EVM board using the parallel port cable?  When you hit the debug button in the IDE it will create a CodeWarrior Icon in the system toolbar.  This icon is for the Command Converter Server.  If you click on this icon it will bring up the Command Converter Server window.  In this window type the following:
log verbose test.log
After you have done this try to connect again to the board by hitting the debug icon in the project window.  You can send this issue and this log file to support@freescale.com for further investigation.

0 Kudos

mchabot
Contributor I
I was able to program the EVM board with the parallel port and I have built a parallel port programmer for my prototype board using some old cables and IC's I had around the lab. I think the USB TAP is just plain dead. I have a warranty return request in with Freescale right now. Thanks for the help.

Matt
0 Kudos