cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 5.1 Re-install doesn't work well

ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hi,

I re-install CW 5.1 but it doesn't work well.

The following license error appears but I have not changed my license file after re-install.

155301_155301.PNGCW5.1_after_reinstall.PNG

What only it's not normal is I have installed CW5.1 previously and there was license error.

(I could not remove the error therefore I re-installed..)

What I should do to remove this error?

[Environment]

- PC : Windows 7 32bit

Best Regards,

Ikki

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ikkishingu
Contributor II

Hello Zhang-san,

Thank you for your reply and I apologize for the delay of my feedback.

We(I and my customer) decide to choose dongle activation with node-lock as a workaround.

I confirmed 1~3. procedures and no trouble found.

I have not tried procedure 4. yet, however I want to keep this confirmation pending

because the workaround will be fine.

Best Regards,

Ikki

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ikki,

It's OK. don't hesitate contact us if you have any problem.

Best Regards,

Jennie

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ikki.

I wonder your CW5.1 doesn't recognize your license.dat file or doesn't find the correct license path.

I would suggest you:

1. uninstall your CW5.1 and remained install folder

2. make sure your have windows admin right. it's very important.

then reinstall CW5.1 with admin right to a self-defined folder, for example: D:\CW5_1

3. after install, open CW5.1, still with windows admin right.

4. if keep the same problem, check your CW environment variable setting:check if the LM_LICENSE_FILE path includes the license.dat of Codewarrior, please suppress following environment variable: LM_LICENSE_FILE in the right path. The  environment variable can be setting by click "start", "settings", "control panel", "system", "Advanced", "environment variable". (See attached screenshot) the LM_LICENSE_FILE should be something like: {your CW install}\license.dat

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos