cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert and AN3561SW JM60 USB Bootloader

Jump to solution
carloscuevas
Contributor III

Hello, I Im trying to use Processor Expert and the AN3561 USB Bootloader but every time I try I get compile errors. I am able to make programs without PE and tun them with bootloader, but when I try to Enable PE in that same proyect it all messes up. How can I do it ?

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
Hello,

please find attached two projects that show a bootloader and a test application within Processor Expert using the library described in AN3561. The PE_bootloader project PE_bootloader_AN3561.mcp re-uses example from AN3561. The PE_bootloader_AN3561_blink.mcp project is a test application for bootloader.

The PE_bootloader_AN3561 project conatins bootloader and simple application code that just switches the LED on in case that bootloader mode is not entered. After uploading a new program (the PE_bootloader_AN3561_blink project) and resetting the MCU, the LED on PTE2 starts blinking at 10Hz frequency. For more details please see the readme.txt file enclosed in projects.
You can simple extend bootloader and application projects with additional beans according to your requiremets.

Note:
There is possible to have the bootloader and the application integrated in one project. Separate programming of bootloader and application are not required in this case. Disadvantage of this solution
is that generation of prm file by PE must be disabled and distributed binary code always contains bootloader.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
brauliochisalav
Contributor I

The link is broken, could you provided again?

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

please find the original projects in attached archive. It was lost during former forum transition.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
brauliochisalav
Contributor I

Is there any chance to upload this examples to codewarrior 10.x??

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

not sure if this will work, but you can try to create new project for the same CPU and overwrite the ProcesorExpert.pe file in new project by using the *.pe file from zip (I recommend to close CW (or project in workspace) before this operation).

NOTE: *.pe file contains only settings for Processor Expert = only generate file will be affected the rest must be ported manually.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
Hello,

please find attached two projects that show a bootloader and a test application within Processor Expert using the library described in AN3561. The PE_bootloader project PE_bootloader_AN3561.mcp re-uses example from AN3561. The PE_bootloader_AN3561_blink.mcp project is a test application for bootloader.

The PE_bootloader_AN3561 project conatins bootloader and simple application code that just switches the LED on in case that bootloader mode is not entered. After uploading a new program (the PE_bootloader_AN3561_blink project) and resetting the MCU, the LED on PTE2 starts blinking at 10Hz frequency. For more details please see the readme.txt file enclosed in projects.
You can simple extend bootloader and application projects with additional beans according to your requiremets.

Note:
There is possible to have the bootloader and the application integrated in one project. Separate programming of bootloader and application are not required in this case. Disadvantage of this solution
is that generation of prm file by PE must be disabled and distributed binary code always contains bootloader.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
eigic245
Contributor I

Good afternoon, i´ve programed the jm60 and then i supossed erased the bootloader rutine because the fresscale jm60 Gui doesn´t work. How I can to program the bootloader on the jm60 again?. Thanks a lot for your possible help

0 Kudos
eigic245
Contributor I

I didn´t erase the bootloader, excusme please

0 Kudos
eigic245
Contributor I

Good morning, i`ve got a JM60 with bootloader. How I can to delete bootloader because i would like to use the ptg0 ptg1 ports?

Thanks a lot for your kind answers

0 Kudos
thinkchip
Contributor II

Thanks!!!!!

0 Kudos
carloscuevas
Contributor III
Thank you very much
0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello,

Trying not to be to overbearing..........

Please do not thank people by adding more posts to a thread. The whole world does not want to log on to a technical forum to read post that just say "thanks".

The correct/polite way to do it is to rate their post and/or correctly mark THEIR post as a solution. There has been quite a few instances where people have marked their own "thank you" post as the "solution" (Two no-no's in the one post!)

0 Kudos
carloscuevas
Contributor III

Ok peg I understand your point. I know you're just trying to make this forum a better place. Im sorry for being such an annoying member  :smileywink:

0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV
0 Kudos