cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilink ML12

jOJo73
Contributor I

Hi !

I just bought a cheap Multilink ML12 Rev B on eBay. I received it today, and of course I immediately open the Multilink BDM in order to know how it looks inside :smileyhappy:

I was surprised : the PCB is very small compared to the box ! There is a S12UF32 MCU inside and some few components, nothing particular.

But there is also a large "connector" printed on both size of the PCB (photo is here : http://nom.de.diot.free.fr/DSCN2618.JPG), at the opposite of the USB connector...2x18 pins ! All pins seem to go somewhere on the PCB... do you know the utility of this printed connector ??

I have also an other question : does a multilink rev B could program a Coldfire V1 ? PEMicro said that rev B could program HCS08 and S12, and rev C could program HCS08, S12, RS08 and CFV1 ; reason : RS08 need some special hardware adjustments ... but not CFV1 ?! Is there anybody who success to program a CFV1 with a Multilink ML12 rev B programmer ? (of course I have upgrade software to the latest version : 5.79) I haven't a CFV1 ready to be programmed so I haven't try yet...

Thank you very much !

jOJo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Jojo,

Yes this looks like a "normal" USB Multilink.

I can only imagine that the edge connector is for testing purposes.

I believe you can use this version for all HCS08, HC(S)12 and CF V1.

The RS08 needs a programming voltage that is only supplied by the Rev C version.

0 Kudos

jOJo73
Contributor I

Hi peg

Yes, in fact it looks a normal BDM, like on evaluation boards... I remember that on the BDM on evaluation boards (maybe not all), there are some "data lines" and a serial port ... maybe the connector contains those lines ... but I haven't found the pinout.

I will try to program a CFV1 JM128 as soon as possible, I have to make a PCB before...

jOJo

0 Kudos