cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MON08---usb.....  Can we do?

GTE
Contributor I
Does anyone could help me?

I am new to this and would like to know if there is the possibility of adapting the mon08 of microcontrollers hc08 the usb port with integrated circuit ft232bm or some other piece .
I tried the communication but he only managed to appear in the status sumary this: YNNN___

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

GTE
Contributor I
Hello everyone

Thanks to all
Recently achieved and microcontrollers hc08 burn through the port usb establishing communication as if it were using the mon08 more specifically I only had time to try it in families jk, jl.
I fabricated a burner that operates by using USB and serial port communication for the max232 and FT232bm respectively, and a crystal of 4.9152 MHz.
I tested only in some microcontrollers I have discovered that it does not work with hc908sr12 have told me that I need necessarily 9.8304 MHz crystal. Nor have I been able to burn in the window hc908gp32 burner mark error algorithm I do not remember whether it was the 13 or 14

Excuse my bad English only speak Spanish. I use the Google translator

reguards
GTE
0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V
Dear GTE,

Are you using the CW burner or another software? I solved my problem using the std USB-Multilink and added an extra board for my specific crystal frequency (SSDD). But I am still interested in USB MON tools at least while FS does not phase out the HC908 family. Pls keep me informed of your sucess.

BTW, I speak spanish too. Pls feel free to contact me in private, in order to do the right thing, I can feedback this forum in english.

Cheers,

Celso
0 Kudos

GTE
Contributor I
HI EVERYONE

DIFFICULT IS NOT ONLY THE DISCHARGE OF DATASHEET FT232BM SAMPLE AND BUILD AS THE SEVEN FIGURE. THE PINES 24 AND 25 ARE RESPECTIVELY AS THE PIN 2 AND 3 DB9. THE PIN 5 IS MAKING THE GROUND USB OF THESE THREE POINTS TO CONNECT YOU ARE MON08 BUT NOT TO TRNSEIVER MAX232 IF NOT LIVE TO BUFERS OF 3 STATES SINCE THE DELIVERY FT232 TTL LEVELS, BUT NOT ELIMINATE MAX232 WHY THE NEED FOR THE VOLTAGE RECORD.
DISCHARGE OF PAGE OF THE INSTALLER FTDI EXECUTABLE THE CONTROLLER FT232BM INSTALL AND READY.
  CODEWARRIOR APPEARS IN ANY PORT'S VIRTUAL COM3 COM4 COM5 DEPENDS ON WHERE THE CONECTES CONVERTER USB TO SERIES
(FT232).
ALSO CAN SEE AT THE ADMINISTRATOR OF DEVICES FOR WINDOWS
MON08 USE AS A CLASS 3

REGUARDS
GTE
0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V
Join the club: me, Joerg and several other people lost time and efforts trying to do it.
Unfortunately, FTDI is not exactly the same as a UART. I made a board based on FT232RL and it (still) is not working. If you are interested I can post the PCB in this forum. It contains USB to RS-232, LIN and J1708  interface.

Cheers,

Celso
0 Kudos

joerg
Contributor II
Thanks Celso
I think it would be nice to create a programmer with a simple micro to convert the break signal into somewhat like hardware handshaking, so that the data an commands could be sent via USB without the known problems.

It would be nice to have a helping hand from Freeescale for implementing this into the interface

AND

it could be an interesting new Community project!

Saluti Joerg
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

As most people are moving away from the HC08 to develop on the S08 family, interest in this tool is dropping fast.

Even if I'm sure FSL could help, I would think that their collateral efforts will be on the current product line.

Alban.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
For what it's worth, John Hartman, the guy who wrote noice, says the the FTDI chip FT2232 works with mon08. Look here.

Scroll down to USB-serial Converters.

However, Alban is probably right that there will be little interest in mon08, not just because it is older, but because the new BDM interfaces have more functionality.

Message Edited by JimDon on 2007-10-19 09:43 PM
0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V
Dear Jim,

From all that I've read about this subject, it seems that NOICE software works ok with FDTI, the problem is that CW does not work well with the ANY converter.

It seems Freescale considers HC08 as a legacy family so keep working on these tools is a matter of time. What looks ironic to me is that all current 08s that work on USB are from HC family.

For me one of the big problems with the current tool, Multilink USB, wich I purchased some, resides in the fact that is a closed tool, e.g. you cannot change the xtal frequency and for some "high" speed serial baud rates in some applications, it simply does not work because you cannot set the correct BR. So I have to use an ancient PC because they have a real serial port.

So, that is my perception: we are using a legacy family but we can't use S08 because USB is not supported.
Do I need a shrink?

Regards,

Celso
0 Kudos