CW5.0 with ProcExp.

9S08AW derivative

Internal trimm initialized

Internal oscillator

FLL engaged

Bus speed 10MHz

SCI bean:

9600 baud.

what you will find is that 9600 baud has at least 20% speed error.

This is why the USBBDM (Pemicro tool) and/or CW didn't make any trimming

--> FFBE=FF....and OSCTRIM =FF.

Do you know it?

Do you have any suggestion?

Have a good day

Franco

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
30 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

Have you told CW to calc and programme the NVTRIM?

See Multilink CyclonePro|Advanced Programming/Debug Options

Is the option "Calculate Trim and Programme the Non Volatile Trim Register" ticked?

As for the ICGTRM register it should not be changed from reset default of $80 if the NV version is at erased state of $FF. But this is up to the user's code (or the user relying on other people's code)

Hope this helps

Regards Peg

0 Kudos

franco
Contributor I

Ciao Peg,

thanks a lot for your time.

You are agree, but seams that the "command" to the BDM to make the trimming is not sent.......

I am trying to involving all "possible" player to have any possible work around.

Thanks again

Franco

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Ciao Franco,

I am not sure I understand your response.

Are you saying you checked what I said but it still doesn't command the thing to programme the trim?

Try this:

When the P&E script runs left click and hold on the window, this seems to halt it but not very reliably.

Can you see the PT (programme trim) command being issued?

Does it say "Success"

Regards David

0 Kudos

franco
Contributor I

Ciao David,

....the "PT" command is not present in any condition in the "CW programming windows"....

I use, the customer use, CW5.0 with all the last  patches installed.

If you have the "PT" command...........please try to explain the "configuration"......

Thanks again

Franco 

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi again,
OK I'm just poking about in the dark here until somebody more knowledgable can assist.
I found that the setting I referred to in my first post is stored on exit of hiwave to a file in the top level of your project directory.
The file is BDM_P&E_Multilink_CyclonePro.ini
The group is [SAVESETTINGS]
DOTRIM=0 (or 1)
This reflects the setting I spoke about.
Maybe you can check to see if at least this changes with the checkbox.
After that I don't know how CW generates the script that is passed to the pemicro command line programmer. There does not seem to be a copy stored to disc.
As I have said recently in another post to Wings, I have a paid for version of this and I know how to drive that but don't understand how it is integrated into CodeWarrior.

Otherwise I don't know of any other 'configuration' that has to be done.

Regards David
0 Kudos

RockyRoad
Contributor III
Franco and David -

I tried this here and I see the same thing that Franco sees. That is, FFBE is not programmed. And as further info, if you go into 'expert programming mode' (which is really just P&E's stand alone programmer) the option to trim is not there.

I can tell you how this is happening, but I can't answer why it's that way, yet.

If you look in the '9s08aw60.s8p' file, the lines that would set up performing a trim are commented out. So this is why the trim is not happening and why the PT option is not there in expert mode.

What I don't know yet is the reason behind this. I've asked the question and I'll pass on what I find out.

- Rocky
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

I kept forgetting to mention I was trying with GB60 presuming it would be the same! Which it SHOULD be.

Regards David

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

OK I checked this out.

All AW .s8p files supplied with CW5 and with my genuine P&E IDE and an update set have the TRIM either commented out or not there at all.

Presumably P&E have a problem with trim calculation for this part???

Regards David

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi all,

This exposes a minor bug in CW.

When you can't do a trim calc the option to select whether to do so or not should be greyed out.

Refer also to this tread:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CWCOMM&message.id=855

The option is still available on a MON08 interface where there is definately no support for trim calibration!

Regards David

0 Kudos

yb
Contributor IV
Hi,
The pod just calculate and store the values into FLASH registers. You have to copy these values into RAM registers after the POR.

Regards,
0 Kudos