cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the New S08P MCU Family

Yongxin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The scalable S08P family provides a wide range of feature/price options for product differentiation. Choose between the full-featured TSI enabled PT class, the equally full-featured PA class without TSI or the basic PL class for cost sensitive applications.

Freescale introduces our new 5V 8-bit S08P MCU family, giving your designs more durability and reliability in both harsh industrial and user interface environments, meeting appliance safety standard IEC60730.The S08P family is simple, yet powerful, and offers exceptional EFT/ESD performance. This scalable and pin-compatible MCU family reuses existing S08 core, IP and tools for easy migration from existing 8-bit S08 products. Furthermore, the S08P MCUs integrate key features, like touch sensing interface(TSI), EEPROM, and motor control flex timer to simplify designs and to help reduce system costs.

Features

• Touch sensing interface (PT class only)
  • Scalable from .5K-4KB of RAM and 2K-60KB Flash
  • Up to 256B of EEPROM
  • Up to 3x UART, 2x SPI and an IIC
  • Up to 16ch, 12bit ADC with 4 entry buffers
  • 6ch + 2ch + 2ch Flex Timer: 2 module timers
  • Analog comparator, RTC and CRC
  • 8 pins with 20mA sink
  • 2 pins with true open drain
  • 2.7V – 5.5V (PT/PA class only)
  • Scalable from 8 pin DFN up to 64 pin QFP
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Vedator
Contributor I

Hi,

you and some other resources (Family Fact Sheet) stating that this MCUs will be available in 8 SOIC and 8 DFN packages. So I asking you if and when it will be available ? Because if it will be available then it will be great because of 12-bit ADC and EEPROM and compatible with 5V systems in that packages is exceptional. And low price that can not be beaten. It can be great successor of S08QD4/2. In low pin count applicationsit would be unrivalled.

Thanks

Jakub

0 Kudos

RobertoCW
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm looking for a CodeWarrior version suitable for S08P usage. I've downloaded some versions from Freescale site but none of them allows to create a new projec with S08P (my application needs a PT16). Could someone advise me? Many thanks.

0 Kudos

Gabriel_RGaus
Contributor II

Do you need the CW_MCU_v10.2_SE with Update 1.0.0 installed. Now the Code Size Restriction for RS08/S08 is 64KB in v10.2 Special Edition.

Link for download the IDE

http://cache.freescale.com/lgfiles/devsuites/MCU/CW_MCU_v10.2_SE.exe 

Link for download the MCU 10.2 Update 1.0.0 (Win)

http://cache.freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/CWHC08/com.freescale.mcu10_2.update.win.v1_0_0.zip?fpsp=1

Hope this helps,

Gabriel.

0 Kudos

RobertoCW
Contributor I

Thanks a lot, Gabriel.

Great advices.

Roberto

0 Kudos

DK1BN
Contributor III

Are there distributors with samples on stock?

Did not find one ...

0 Kudos

Yongxin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On Nov 15th we will make general sampling available on the PC9S08PT60 in 64-LQFP & 64-QFP packaging, as well as rolling out our TWR-S08PT60 Tower System module and TWR-S08PT60-KIT. The TWR-S08PT60 module and the TWR-S08PT60-KIT, provide everything a designer needs to develop and evaluate application code. The integrated OSBDM allows a designer to communicate with the board and target device with only a USB cable to evaluate PT60’s key features including ADC, TSI, Timers, SCI, I2C, SPI, Flash/EEPROM programming, as well as motor control capabilities with help of additional daughter card APMOTOR56F800E. 

0 Kudos

Richard777
Contributor I

Thank you !

0 Kudos

Richard777
Contributor I

Hi HYX,

Do you know when will be available the samples ? 

Best regars !

0 Kudos