Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS08DZ obsolete

Jump to solution
Francois
Contributor I

Hello,

We plan to use HCS08DZ controller and we've been told it is now not recommended for new designs and has been ranked to "GrandFather"

Is it really the case ? What life time could we expect for this device ?  Where can I find informations about that ?

Which device to choose with CAN and 5 v supply ?

Regards

fran cois

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello Francois,

Information you heard was probably about some old device based on HC08 Core.

The HCS08D family (including DZ sub-family) is intended for application in automotive segment, so is covered by Freescale Longevity program with minimum period of 15 years declared availability (see Product Longevity ).

The S08D family offers designers scalability and flexibility of migration with pin, peripheral and tool compatibility between S08D family devices (for details please have look on S08D: 8-bit Cost-Effective with CAN D MCUs . On this page under Software&Tools tab you can find all h/w and s/w tools supporting application development, under Buy/Parametrics tab are listed all orderable S08D family Part Numbers and features: all of them are supplied from 5V (min 2.7V - max 5.5V), sub-families DZ and DV supports CAN).

Regards,

Wlodek_D.

P.S.

I believe this explanation answers your question. If yes, then please mark it as Correct or Helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello Francois,

Information you heard was probably about some old device based on HC08 Core.

The HCS08D family (including DZ sub-family) is intended for application in automotive segment, so is covered by Freescale Longevity program with minimum period of 15 years declared availability (see Product Longevity ).

The S08D family offers designers scalability and flexibility of migration with pin, peripheral and tool compatibility between S08D family devices (for details please have look on S08D: 8-bit Cost-Effective with CAN D MCUs . On this page under Software&Tools tab you can find all h/w and s/w tools supporting application development, under Buy/Parametrics tab are listed all orderable S08D family Part Numbers and features: all of them are supplied from 5V (min 2.7V - max 5.5V), sub-families DZ and DV supports CAN).

Regards,

Wlodek_D.

P.S.

I believe this explanation answers your question. If yes, then please mark it as Correct or Helpful.

0 Kudos
Francois
Contributor I

Hello Wlodek,

Thank you very much for your response. The linked informations you gave are exactly what I was looking for.

It removes a doubt about longevity of the DZ32 given by our distributor.

We use it for several years and plan to use it on a new developpement, (we also use QE16 on an other successful design)

(mains reasons are speed, 12 bits ADC, complete but simple modules, and quality of ducumentation)

Of course it can not compete with small DSP we also use but this is not the purpose.

Best regards from france

fran cois

0 Kudos